Rogaine doing all this for me?

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
been on finasteride for 7 months and added 5% minoxidil one month ago. Today I check my hairline and there are TONS of very small thin, but dark (as opposed to noncolored) hairs a whole 1 to 2 inches in front of my hairline on my temples. Can Rogaine work this fast? THe finasteride I assume has been killing the DHT for all this time, and Im guessing it didnt take very long for the minoxidil to kick in. This sound about right? Any chance all these new dark hairs will turn terminal?

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
You know what? I think these early results are due to the synergistic effect of finasteride and minoxidil working together. I hope it continues for you! Keep us updated, I'm basically doing the same thing.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wangho75 said:
been on finasteride for 7 months and added 5% minoxidil one month ago. Today I check my hairline and there are TONS of very small thin, but dark (as opposed to noncolored) hairs a whole 1 to 2 inches in front of my hairline on my temples. Can Rogaine work this fast? THe finasteride I assume has been killing the DHT for all this time, and Im guessing it didnt take very long for the minoxidil to kick in. This sound about right? Any chance all these new dark hairs will turn terminal?

Same thing happened to me. Tiny hairs materialized in places where finasteride did not grow hair, particularly the hairline and temples. And it all happened in the first few weeks of my using minoxidil. At first look in the mirror, it almost resembled dirt. Sounds like you're also a great responder to minoxidil... congrats. :)

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
joseph49853 said:
wangho75 said:

Same thing happened to me. Tiny hairs materialized in places where finasteride did not grow hair, particularly the hairline and temples. And it all happened in the first few weeks of my using minoxidil. At first look in the mirror, it almost resembled dirt. Sounds like you're also a great responder to minoxidil... congrats. :)

dont stop there! Did all or most of the "dirt" turn into terminal hair? How long did it take to turn?

Swede

Reaction score
Good to hear that you have succes with your minoxidil/finasteride. I hope this will happen to me also. Are you using 2% or 5% minoxidil?

exstatic

Reaction score
Im not using finasteride and also seeing quite a decent amount of regrowth..

:freaked:

SarcasticHorse

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for about 5 months now and I just started minoxidil about a week and a half ago...

My question for you guys getting regrowth is, do you apply 1mL over all the temples/front/hairline, or do you use, say, 1mL on the left temple, 1mL on the right, etc?

I hope that question makes sense.

Btw congrats to those guys re-growing....

laevanay

Reaction score
Guys, I have another question about the finasteride/minoxidil combo treatment. I have started both together (well, at a one week difference). My question is that after using both, can a person wean off of minoxidil and remain just remain on finasteride? Since the minoxidil will induce new growth won't finasteride keep it from falling? I yet to see any results but then I am only 6 weeks into the treatment....

Lev