Rogaine and hairline/frontal results

Has anyone had results with rogaine regarding the hair line or front?

• Total voters

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cook'n'milkies said:
vote away!

Within the first month, I had amazing results along the hairline and temples... the only place Finasteride wasn't able to regrow much hair. Now in my fourth month on Minoxidil, and the before and after differences are dramatic.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Yeah, C'n'M, I have regrowth in the temples from minoxidil, but it took a long year to recover a relatively small patch of real estate.

However, it was PRIME real estate... those upper corner temple areas of my widows' peaks, they have been rounded off by a good 3/4 inch or so. Instead of a very sharp and jagged edge up there, I have a cosmetically significant reclaimed area in those corners that have rounded that line down to something that no longer looks like Phil Collins.

Regrowth is still occuring, but is slow. Kind of a hair-by-hair basis, individual hairs along the hairline are slowly progressing, one by one, from dark vellous, to intermediate pube-like, and finally to terminal-looking. The progress is slow, but continuous. The hair cycling schedule of the scalp can take quite a long time before hairs completely cycle through, are shed, and a new minoxidil-enhanced hair finally takes the former hair's place.

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
would anyone else like to vote?! Please only vote if you've been using minoxidil twice daily for a year or have had results before a year is up.

Mr Wabbit

Reaction score
Hello, I have not voted due to iv only been using it 7 weeks, but i would like to say thanks to cook'n'milkies for starting this poll due to this questions is exactly what i want answerd :D

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
No problem, wabbit. I'm only about a week into minoxidil and two and a half on finpecia, so be sure to keep me updated on your progress, I'll be sure to do the same.

I like to try and put together some polls. The tricky part is wording them so that they are very specific so that you only have the people who meet the criteria you want answering the questions. You can probably expect more from me, haha.

Though the sample is too small to REALLY gather much at this point. It does seem that minoxidil in the frontal regions follows nearly the same success rate as in the vertex (around 62%), provided people who voted answered honestly.

We hairloss sufferers badly need a little hope now and then, at least I know I do.