Rogaine and hair dye, any problems ?

monkeypants

Reaction score
Hi,
Been thinking of dying my hair blonde to match my scalp colour (and make my hair loss less noticeble). I remember when I spilt a drop of rogaine on a red book cover it turned into a white splodge (obviously bleached the red dye out of it).

Will the same thing happen when I use rogaine on my scalp, will it remove the blonde hair dye ?

thanks

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
monkeypants said:
Hi,
Been thinking of dying my hair blonde to match my scalp colour (and make my hair loss less noticeble). I remember when I spilt a drop of rogaine on a red book cover it turned into a white splodge (obviously bleached the red dye out of it).

Will the same thing happen when I use rogaine on my scalp, will it remove the blonde hair dye ?

thanks

Purely a personal anecdote and not necessarily a scientific truism - but yes, the alcohol in the minoxidil might be able to cut right through the hair dye if applied in close proximity to each other. I've found the same to be true w/ applying ACV after hair dye - which also negates the dye.

On the day you dye your hair - skip all topicals containing alcohol. If you're an ACV user - take 2 days off the ACV.

Continue w/ your regular minoxidil appliation the day after you dye your hair.