rogaine and cancer

Spaade777

Reaction score
guys ive heard alot of things about rogaine causing cancer and other things like chest pains. Is any of this true or close to the truth?

oh and ive e-mailed rogaine about this about 5 times and i NEVER get a response

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes, rogaine causes cancer as well as growing new bones in some peoples head. Seriously, not a single chance.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
You really shouldn't just be making stuff like this up, hope this thread gets deleted

Sean68

Reaction score
i dunno i got the bubonic plague from kirkland minoxidil.
quite nasty.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol, really? Rogaine foam gave me a black eye, a broken arm, several broken ribs and left me in an alleyway for dead :(

Xerhid

Reaction score
Spaade777 said:
guys ive heard alot of things about rogaine causing cancer and other things like chest pains. Is any of this true or close to the truth?

Could you perhaps link where you found this information?

Spaade777

Reaction score
guys relax all i said is ive heard from some1 that i know that it might cause cancer, i didnt say i read it somewhere or anything like that, i just wanted to know what people like urselves (people who would know about this sort of stuff and be able to confirm the truth) actually have to say about it and by the sounds of it it isnt true so thank you all

but what about the chest pains, is that a serious side effect or something that passes with time and is nothing to worry about. coz in the rogaine booklet it says if u feel pains in ur chest, arms or shoulders seek medical attention asap, whats the story there?

Xerhid

Reaction score
As far as the chest pains go, I understand that to mean that you're having a potentially life-threatening side effect. I believe the vast majority of people do not have chest pains. Remember that minoxidil was originally developed to treat high blood pressure. Ergo, I am sure some people could react badly to minoxidil, with regard to their cardiovascular systems. But hey, I am just an educated person sharing his opinion/insight. I am not an expert.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok sorry dude, wasn't having a go, it's just newbies and people considering treating their hairloss read this site, and I know from experience that stories or even questions like this, can scare people and put them off using a product that can really help them (and there isn't enough that can help to ingnore one of the best ones because of a unfounded scare).

But anyway, there's never been a mention of that on any hairloss site as far as I know, which contain people a lot more knowledgeable than your friend and googling yielded no results. Chest pains, well anything's possible, but never seen anyone complain of this., search for it.