Rogaine 5%, Side Effects, Shedding And Body Hair Growth?

Haironn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm contemplating on starting to use rogaine for men, but I'm kind of worried about the side effects, especially the body/face hair ones.

I'm already kind of hairy, I have hair on my back and most of my body, what's the chances that it will grow my body hair more and thicker?

another thing is, on rogaine booklet it says that if after 2-4 months there is no improvement of the hair, then to stop using it, but I read here on the forums that people are saying it actually causes more hair to shed for several months, and only after like 6 months of a shedding cycle, only then new hair starts to grow, and that it will repeat the same cycle of shedding and regrowing over and over again....

if that's the case, what's the point of using rogaine?

Hang90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you didnt even start to use it and already you are scared, dont read to much of horor stories on this forum and just go for it !

Erika

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using Rogaine 5% foam for women, and I didn't experience any abnormal hair growth.

As for the growth cycle, your hair is constantly replacing itself naturally. Rogaine pushes out the hair that would've fallen out anyway, and grows out thicker, stronger strands
In my case, it is worth it!

Haironn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using Rogaine 5% foam for women, and I didn't experience any abnormal hair growth.

As for the growth cycle, your hair is constantly replacing itself naturally. Rogaine pushes out the hair that would've fallen out anyway, and grows out thicker, stronger strands
In my case, it is worth it!
people say it bloats the face and they say it's a pretty common side effect, did you notice anything like that?

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use minoxidil even though all it does is stop my hair loss and give me vellus hairs on forehead.

If it doesn't give you regrowth in 4 months, you should still use it if it slows down your hair loss.

Haironn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use minoxidil even though all it does is stop my hair loss and give me vellus hairs on forehead.

If it doesn't give you regrowth in 4 months, you should still use it if it slows down your hair loss.

thing is I already have that kind of hair on my face, I don't want minoxidil to make it worse (I am pretty hairy, even face wise)

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thing is I already have that kind of hair on my face, I don't want minoxidil to make it worse (I am pretty hairy, even face wise)

I can't say for sure if it will give you thicker body hair because it doesn't affect mine, that I know of. But it will affect your facial hair, it does for me. I am not a hairy person at all. When I use minoxidil treatment, it actually grows hair between my eyebrows and temples.

Erika

My Regimen
Reaction score
people say it bloats the face and they say it's a pretty common side effect, did you notice anything like that?

I didn't experience any bloating, but I had mild acne on my forehead but it goes away
I think you're over thinking it :) the good may outweigh the bad, just give it a shot! I was skeptical, but I'm getting furry at my temples lol I've never had that before

soitbegins

My Regimen
Reaction score
i honestly cant understand some peoples fear of Rogaine, its over the counter stuff, no severe side effects at all! If it bloats the face its very rare and will be gone when you stop!

Haironn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't say for sure if it will give you thicker body hair because it doesn't affect mine, that I know of. But it will affect your facial hair, it does for me. I am not a hairy person at all. When I use minoxidil treatment, it actually grows hair between my eyebrows and temples.

but I am a hairy person, even facial wise, I already have some hair between my eyebrows that I pluck regularly, and I also have like small/weak kind of hair on the sides of my eye brows, like you'd see the eyebrow and then to the side of it there would be some more faint hair going to the direction of my temples, not to mention I also have some hair that goes really high above my cheeks from my beard, it's crazy. and I have some vellus hair on my nose and even like 1-3 spurts of hair on my nose that looks like tiny blackheads but if you look close enough it's actually hair, can't even pluck it cause it's too small.

I just wouldn't want all of that to get worse, that's why I'm so worried about that.

@Erika @soitbegins

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
but I am a hairy person, even facial wise, I already have some hair between my eyebrows that I pluck regularly, and I also have like small/weak kind of hair on the sides of my eye brows, like you'd see the eyebrow and then to the side of it there would be some more faint hair going to the direction of my temples, not to mention I also have some hair that goes really high above my cheeks from my beard, it's crazy. and I have some vellus hair on my nose and even like 1-3 spurts of hair on my nose that looks like tiny blackheads but if you look close enough it's actually hair, can't even pluck it cause it's too small.

I just wouldn't want all of that to get worse, that's why I'm so worried about that.

@Erika @soitbegins
Try getting threaded.

My facial hair darkened after starting mioxodil i go to a salon 1x a month she threads me...takes about 10 minutes $20 bucks.

Haironn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try getting threaded.

My facial hair darkened after starting mioxodil i go to a salon 1x a month she threads me...takes about 10 minutes $20 bucks.

if your facial hair darkened using minoxidil, then I'm gonna end up like this:
0578-3220688-Content_Chuy_s_particularly_hairy_brother_Danny_says_the_hair_wh-a-79_1441279162848.jpg

And no, this is exactly the type of stuff I'm staying away from, I'm not about to get some shitty side effects and then have to find ways to deal with them monthly and invest even more money on more troubles.

either way, say I become hairier on the face, if I stop using it does it goes back to the way it was before? or it stays for good? like can minoxidil awaken weak hair follicles on the face for good? even if it stopped being used?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
if your facial hair darkened using minoxidil, then I'm gonna end up like this: View attachment 56428

And no, this is exactly the type of stuff I'm staying away from, I'm not about to get some shitty side effects and then have to find ways to deal with them monthly and invest even more money on more troubles.

either way, say I become hairier on the face, if I stop using it does it goes back to the way it was before? or it stays for good? like can minoxidil awaken weak hair follicles on the face for good? even if it stopped being used?

Dude you are over reacting huge..
it went from blonde to darker blonde and it was more obvious when i wore makeup to me.
I asked the girl who does hair laser removal and she said its too 'fine' the laser would never catch it and told me to sit in sun it would turn blonde
I dont like to tan anymore so i did threading.

Yes if you stop using minoxidil the hair will go back to normal on face.

Haironn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude you are over reacting huge..
it went from blonde to darker blonde and it was more obvious when i wore makeup to me.
I asked the girl who does hair laser removal and she said its too 'fine' the laser would never catch it and told me to sit in sun it would turn blonde
I dont like to tan anymore so i did threading.

Yes if you stop using minoxidil the hair will go back to normal on face.

guess I will just give it a try and see how it goes, I see many men using the 2% one and not the 5%, I guess because of the side effects, should I go for the 2% too, just to be safer?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
guess I will just give it a try and see how it goes, I see many men using the 2% one and not the 5%, I guess because of the side effects, should I go for the 2% too, just to be safer?

i dont think if it works that way would go for stronger

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if your facial hair darkened using minoxidil, then I'm gonna end up like this: View attachment 56428

That's some full coverage right there. Norwood -100.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol can you break your sentence? didn't really get what you're saying
but why men use the 2% one and not the 5% one then?

If you are gettin some excess facial hair that usually means you are a good responder.

using 2% you are going to get less positive results with head (maybe not even any results with just 2)

I think if you want to try it try the 5% IF your facial hair bothers you MORE than getting hair on head then stop the minoxidil and the facial hair will go back to normal (at least that is what the Doctor told me when I asked him about it before I started--he said if it happens stop use and it will go back to normal)