Rogaine 2%

Sativa

Reaction score
I've been on propecia for about 6 months now. Before propecia, after a shower my hands would be full of hair. That seems to have stopped, and i've also noticed some thin white hairs on my hairline. Hoping they will grow thicker and darker.

for some weird reason, i need a presciption if i want rogaine 5% in my country, but 2% can be bought over the counter.

Is anyone using 2%, and had some hairgrowth on their hairline? it seems like i am only receeding, and have receeded quite a bit. should i give 2% a chance, or just go my finger out of my *** and go to the doctor for a prescription?

Im not sure if we even have rogaine foam here. I think we only have liquid. What are your thoughts on liquid rogaine?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
In your unusual position of living in a country where 2% Rogaine is over-the-counter but 5% Rogaine is prescription only, you should be aware that 2% and 5% versions of Rogaine both turn into the same thing when you apply them to your scalp: saturated solutions of minoxidil in propylene glycol. The only difference is that the 5% solution produces more of that saturated solution than the 2% version. You could make up for that simply by appling more of the 2%!

I generally tell people just to use whichever is cheaper per milligram of minoxidil, which is almost always the 5% version; in your particular case, though, it may actually be the 2% which is cheaper by that definition, because of the legal restriction on 5%.

Sativa

Reaction score
oh i see, thanks for the reply.

i doubt they are even aware of that there is a "foam" version of rogaine.
my hair is 10cm long, will i have problems with the liquid rogaine?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How much more will the prescription 5% cost you over 2% ?

I used to get a lof of flaking from liquid rogaine so if you use a lot to try to get a larger dose you may run into some issue like that or with redness, itching, etc