Rogain Foam - Using Only Once During Night Time

sid82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently started using Rogaine Foam. I use it before I go to bed. I usually wet my hair slightly and then apply the foam onto my scalp throughly. My question is, will the effectiveness of Rogaine wear off when I take a shower next morning? I usually shampoo my hair each morning since without that my hair looks dull and without life. I tried using Rogain Foam in the morning after shower, but I noticed my hair looks even more thinner when I apply the foam after shower. This is one reason I decided to use it at night time before bed.

Please advice if using Rogaine only once during night and shampooing the hair next morning will lose the effectiveness of the treatment. Any inputs based on your experience would be great especially from folks who fall in the same boat as mine (use Foam in the night and shampoo their hair next morning)

Thanks,
Sid

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it takes four hours for the scalp to absorb Minoxidil. Unless you’re getting less than four hours of sleep a night (which would be impressive) then you should be fine shampooing the next morning.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
What badgenetics1 said about four hours, also are you dermarolling? that's pretty much a must these days for minoxidil either straight after or 24 hours after rolling. Should really be renamed the big four.

sid82

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it takes four hours for the scalp to absorb Minoxidil. Unless you’re getting less than four hours of sleep a night (which would be impressive) then you should be fine shampooing the next morning.
Thanks for your response.