Robust Regrowth After Repeated Sheds

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
so you stay on finasteride for all those years? it didn't maintain your Norwood 2?

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you apply minoxidil on the day you dermaroll?

No, and I don't know how anyone else does either because the alcohol in the minoxidil burns the %!$# out of my scalp when it's raw like that, not to mention the risk of it going systemic

Last edited:

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so you stay on finasteride for all those years? it didn't maintain your Norwood 2?

I think it would have, except for the things that caused a shed: 4-day fast and antidepressants. Especially the antidepressants, it's like they made the finasteride stop working.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, and I don't know how anyone else does either because the alcohol in the minoxidil burns the %!$# out of my scalp when it's raw like that.
It huts, but it only lasts for a minute.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Greetings all, long time lurker finally leaving the shadows.

A short history of loss and gain. No pics, but interesting stuff toward the end (this past year):
  • Age 23, noticing "that looks a little funny"
  • Age 24, begin Finasteride 1mg 1x/day, Minoxidil 2% 1x/day. Recovered about 6 months of loss to about NW1 area
  • Age 28, tried a 4-day gut-cleanse fast. Massive shed - all Finasteride gains lost, regrowth was weak. NW2
  • Age 33, tried an SSRI (antidepressant). After 6 months, another shed, weak regrowth. NW2.5-ish
  • Age 34, tried a TCA (antidepressant). Again, shed after 6 months, weak regrowth. NW3
  • Age 35, this past year:
    • Began microneedling 1.5mm every 2 weeks or so. Over 6 months get noticeable vellus growth into NW2 area, NW2.5 area thickens
    • Spent 2 months on an extremely soy-heavy diet (for a different health issue), late in the 2nd month noticed a lot of new NW2 vellus growth, even some tiny hairs poking up in NW1 area. Coincidence?
    • 8 months into microneedling, many NW2 hairs thickening including new terminals around the widow's peak!
    • Week ago switched from Finasteride to Dutasteride. Noticeable increase in anxiety, not sure if the drug is a contributing factor. No noticeable effects on hair yet
Other things I've tried:
  • Seti - One dose, got sleep-related side effects, bailed out immediately. Expensive experiment!
  • Nizoral / Ketoconazole 2% off and on for years with no noticeable results. Trying again in combination with microneedling
  • Minoxidil off and on. Caused a few minor sheds that have each recovered fully (AFAICT)

Shout outs:
David_MPN Thanks for the high quality comments
westonci - Thanks for doing the Prostaglandin Protocol and keeping everyone informed

It's like a bush. A pretty bush.. A GREEN bush. A petri DISH!!!

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
C
Hey all - I'm having a lot of success but is it worth sharing the story if there won't be any pics? Basically my head and hair are unique enough that there's no way to stay anonymous. Anyone who knows me would spot me right away.

Any benefit to the community if you just have to take my word for it?

Can u just do magnified images or zoomed images on your regrowth?

I don't understand how someone will know who u r from an overhead hair shot when u r a nw1