Rob_x_22 story

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i gotta ask rob how long did it take for you to see any results? you said you just started seeing this regrowth like 2 months ago, does that mean you went 10 months without having much hope? just wondering because most people reading these stories are looking for things to expect to indicate whether they are making progress or not.

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
awsome results rob. i do the same thing with the foam on my tempels and hairline. everyone once in a while i get foam to low on my forehead but thanks for the advise on wipping it off. lol dont want that unwanted hair.

nograce

Reaction score
Rob_x_22 said:
yeah it took atleast 10 months to see any results just mostly vellous hairs

tell us something about your huge shedding.
Is that right that it began in month 4?!
How hard does it hit your hairline?
When was the time you seen the first vellous hair in your temples?
How long have the vellous hairs needed to grow faster and thicker?

thx

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Rob, but do you think you would have gotten those results from using just finasteride? I'm asking because I'm keen on staying with finasteride only.
You probably would not know, but I thought I'd try asking just in case you do know.

As for your vellus hairs, I have a few of those around my temples at the moment, how long before they get thicker? I think what I have are vellus hairs, they're very thin, and aren't growing long.

JustinM71

Established Member
Reaction score
Rob, I'm just totally blown away by your pics.
:shock: I'm speechless....ga ga ga...Congrats!!!!!!!

Rob_x_22

Established Member
Reaction score
person_123 said:
Congratulations Rob, but do you think you would have gotten those results from using just finasteride? I'm asking because I'm keen on staying with finasteride only.
You probably would not know, but I thought I'd try asking just in case you do know.

As for your vellus hairs, I have a few of those around my temples at the moment, how long before they get thicker? I think what I have are vellus hairs, they're very thin, and aren't growing long.

well its really hard to say ... i didn't start minoxidil untill about 4 or 5 months on finasteride ... the about 4 or 5 months later i started seeing new hair ....sooo i think it was both ...i just hope it continues !

withoutwords

Reaction score
hey so did you just see a bunch of vellous hairs and peach fuzz for a couple months and then they all of a sudden perminant hairs came?

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
withoutwords said:
hey so did you just see a bunch of vellous hairs and peach fuzz for a couple months and then they all of a sudden perminant hairs came?

I am begining to think Rob faked his success. I mean, he sure does a poor job of explaining the progresion that led to his results. Maybe he wanted to use us to test and see if his topick concealer was working well or not.

If my temples regrow, I am going to give a detailed account of the process. Notice how in all temple regrowth stories the poster never bothers to explain important details such as when/how the terminal hairs regrew?

This isn't magic we are working with here. Terminal hairs don't just magically shoot up out of your scalp overnight.

Why do all these sucsess stories lack pictures showing the new terminal hairs growing in? I mean at one point in time for temple regrowth the terminal hairs at front have got to be shorter than the ones that had not fallen out yet?

The important evidence of regrowing terminal hairs is ALWAYS missings. Its always the same thing, here is me with bald temples, now here is me with no signs of male pattern baldness. What about inbetween shots were new terminal hairs are growing in yet are not long enough to blend in with your hairline yet?

Something about this stinks. I have a hunch.... but things jus don't seem right.

Rob's explinations always seem dodgy and vague.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rob great results i am glad for you!

Worldofwarcraft how about chilling out? Since you have been on this forum a great percent of your posts are plain negative.

Actually many people dont take between shots. i am one of them. Guess what i was also seeing vellus hair, and yes they did very suddenly went terminal. It wasnt one day or two of course, it took about 2-3weeks. Not anyone is monitoring his exact hair state everyday. 1-2 months is enough time to not remember details about various things.

You have already proved yourself for witch-hunting in posts like this:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=32915
So just relax for a while and try to be more positive.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
Rob great results i am glad for you!

Worldofwarcraft how about chilling out? Since you have been on this forum a great percent of your posts are plain negative.

Actually many people dont take between shots. i am one of them. Guess what i was also seeing vellus hair, and yes they did very suddenly went terminal. It wasnt one day or two of course, it took about 2-3weeks. Not anyone is monitoring his exact hair state everyday. 1-2 months is enough time to not remember details about various things.

You have already proved yourself for witch-hunting in posts like this:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=32915
So just relax for a while and try to be more positive.

Ok thanks for your update. Its freaking me out because on the Hairloss Help forums everyone saying temple regrowth is impossible and that hair transplant is necessary. I was begining to think that I was wasting my time praying for temple regrowth.

If I see temple regrowth going terminal I'm going to post a picture before I get a haircut that blends in into the rest of my hair.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im right where you were, two months on finasteride and one month into minoxidil and my hair is sooooo thin now. ridiculous. i have new hairs growing on the temples...can't really tell if it's thickening up but i sure hope it is cause this is scary. right now my hair is thinner than i thought it would be in 2 years and i have pretty agressive male pattern baldness. sure puts you back in your place when your washing your hair and it feels like there's hardly anything there in the front to wash. gross.

Rob_x_22

Established Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
withoutwords said:

I am begining to think Rob faked his success. I mean, he sure does a poor job of explaining the progresion that led to his results. Maybe he wanted to use us to test and see if his topick concealer was working well or not.

If my temples regrow, I am going to give a detailed account of the process. Notice how in all temple regrowth stories the poster never bothers to explain important details such as when/how the terminal hairs regrew?

This isn't magic we are working with here. Terminal hairs don't just magically shoot up out of your scalp overnight.

Why do all these sucsess stories lack pictures showing the new terminal hairs growing in? I mean at one point in time for temple regrowth the terminal hairs at front have got to be shorter than the ones that had not fallen out yet?

The important evidence of regrowing terminal hairs is ALWAYS missings. Its always the same thing, here is me with bald temples, now here is me with no signs of male pattern baldness. What about inbetween shots were new terminal hairs are growing in yet are not long enough to blend in with your hairline yet?

Something about this stinks. I have a hunch.... but things jus don't seem right.

Rob's explinations always seem dodgy and vague.

How do i fake my success i posted pics lol ... i am not really good at typing what i'm tryin to say lol i'm a construction worker sorry for the bad interpretation ? And dood i don't think many cameras will pick up vellous hairs there pretty small ... There was a poster on here awhile back that had a buzzcut and u could see his vellous hair he went from a nw2.5 to a 1 it was unreal i don't remember what his screenname was ?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rob, ive been on the forum for a few months and i can't believe i just came across this story. Those are some insane results, congrats man. I got a question, I'm on finasteride and minoxidil but on the solution. Do you really believe that the foam was directly responsible for your results, or do you think it just took awhile for the minoxidil to start working well. Like, do you think theres a significant difference between the foam and liquid?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
this thread was from long time ago, Rob made another thread somewhere else I believe.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I think in his most recent thread, his hair thinned out a little.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah i saw it, i think it still looks really good though compared to his first picture on this post, id be happy with those results.