Rob Lowe Is On finasteride For 30 Years Already...proof That finasteride Doesnt Cause Bad "ageing"

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride has even been on the market for 30 years, so that's not true.

You can get a lot of work done to appear younger but the skin is largely defined by genetics. I know people my age who live way healthier than I am and looks years older than me. Prevention is, as always, key. You can't get nice-looking skin back once it's gone. What you can do however is pay attention to your diet and wear a lot of sunscreen. That stuff is super important.

Here's a truck driver who had half his face mostly exposed to UV light coming from the driver side window.

capture56.png

Lowe has been a rich and healthy person ever since the 80s. He had nothing to do except work on his body and make sure his image stays intact. For most people that is an unimaginable luxury. So while he had a headstart anyway, he paid the price to still look this good as he does and has earned it.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride has even been on the market for 30 years, so that's not true.

You can get a lot of work done to appear younger but the skin is largely defined by genetics. I know people my age who live way healthier than I am and looks years older than me. Prevention is, as always, key. You can't get nice-looking skin back once it's gone. What you can do however is pay attention to your diet and wear a lot of sunscreen. That stuff is super important.

Here's a truck driver who had half his face mostly exposed to UV light coming from the driver side window.

View attachment 120404

Lowe has been a rich and healthy person ever since the 80s. He had nothing to do except work on his body and make sure his image stays intact. For most people that is an unimaginable luxury. So while he had a headstart anyway, he paid the price to still look this good as he does and has earned it.

You can fix old skin via fraxel laser or in extreme cases face-lifting. One major culprit of premature aging is extreme stress...it will eat away your collagen...that got me good despite a skin care routine.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can finasteride cause dry skin or thin skin? my skin has been dry since finasteride, been on it for a month .

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Lowe probably had a maturing hairline - got on propecia right away. So he credits it with stopping his “hair loss” when in reality his hair would have stopped at NW1.5 / 2 regardless. This is true for virtually everyone who’s hair loss is allegedly “halted” with finasteride.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lowe probably had a maturing hairline - got on propecia right away. So he credits it with stopping his “hair loss” when in reality his hair would have stopped at NW1.5 / 2 regardless. This is true for virtually everyone who’s hair loss is allegedly “halted” with finasteride.

There was a case of two identical twins, one started using finastride while the other didn’t. The one on finastride kept a nw2, while the other receded to a nw4. Shouldn’t identical twins be receding at the same rate?

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
There was a case of two identical twins, one started using finastride while the other didn’t. The one on finastride kept a nw2, while the other receded to a nw4. Shouldn’t identical twins be receding at the same rate?

They were on dutasteride. But yeah, I think some people randomly respond to these anti androgens well. Most don’t though.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This is true

I receded to a NW1.5 when I was 18 and managed to halt my hair loss for 14 years. The catch is I wasn't on any medication and wasn't aware of my hairline the entire time.

Then at 32, when actual balding began, I receded to NW2.5 within one year. I went on the big 3 and proceeded to recede to NW3 the following year, and hair is still falling. These drugs are nothing but pure snake oils.

Demitri

My Regimen
Reaction score

I thought the same thing too I lost a lot of hair for a year, was definitely balding but https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/a-reminder-to-never-give-up-before-after.123046/ After starting finasteride my hair really did stop balding!!, or ay least slowed it down a lot. So I think its possible for Rob Lowe.

INT

Reaction score
Never heard anyone say that finasteride causes bad skin aging. Even if that would be the case, then one person would not disprove that. My grandmother smoked for 75 years, yet never got lung cancer. Is that proof that smoking does not cause lung cancer?

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never heard anyone say that finasteride causes bad skin aging. Even if that would be the case, then one person would not disprove that. My grandmother smoked for 75 years, yet never got lung cancer. Is that proof that smoking does not cause lung cancer?

Do you think it can dry your skin or thin it? my skin feels dry and thin since being on finasteride