RIKEN Announcement: Succeeded in Developing Tech for HF Regenerative Medicine: Study to be Published Feb 10

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, well, same thing, how many of us have 6 digits ready to be spent on a cosmetic surgery?
I won't have 6 digits ready for cosmetic surgery even in the next 20 years, and by then in all honestly hair loss won't even matter because I'll be an old man.
That's why you should be concerned like I am about how they are approaching this. If we can't count on them to commercialize this well and license it out globally then it wont matter if they succeed because the price will be monopolized and never drop. If it's available by hair surgeons globally you'll start to see it become affordable in the realm of regular transplants.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, all that's true. That doesn't mean they aren't vultures. I don't understand why poor people are so keen on defending the ultra rich.
We are talking about venture capital, not junk bonds or corporate raids. Any venture capital firm worth their salt is not a vulture. You know why? Because they invest early and the only reason they get their money back + a return is if the company succeeds on the long term.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
We are talking about venture capital, not junk bonds or corporate raids. Any venture capital firm worth their salt is not a vulture. You know why? Because they invest early and the only reason they get their money back + a return is if the company succeeds on the long term.
They are vultures because they do not contribute anything to society except for money. Someone else does the hard work building something and they come in and take half of it just because they are well capitalized.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They are vultures because they do not contribute anything to society except for money. Someone else does the hard work building something and they come in and take half of it just because they are well capitalized.
Performing efficient capital allocation is a legitimate and a very hard job too, specially in venture capital since the risks at that stage are sky high. I'll leave it at that.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you don't realize what VC is, but they give funding to people who would otherwise have none and wouldn't build anything at all. Literally none of the biggest companies, health or otherwise would exist today without VC in some capacity whether organized or just individual investments. Otherwise only rich people could build anything, ever.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you don't realize what VC is, but they give funding to people who would otherwise have none and wouldn't build anything at all. Literally none of the biggest companies, health or otherwise would exist today without VC in some capacity whether organized or just individual investments. Otherwise only rich people could build anything, ever.
You're not understanding my point. I didn't say they shouldn't exist, and I don't need to hear the pr/lobbyist spiel so let's just leave it at that. This is ridiculous and getting us nowhere. I'm tired of talking about all of this petty stuff in this thread. We're just going to have to wait for more news or keep going in circles. You guys must be the most miserable people. Tsuji solved the inductivity problem that's been plaguing HM for two decades, and he successfully grew hair in a human. They have regulatory approval to conduct clinical trials, and are ready to move forward with them as soon as they get the funds to do so, yet all you guys can do is complain because they aren't doing things the way you think they should. This is so petty.

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
if you are donating to this you are straight up dumb and deserve to lose your money
these fuckers are banking on the hopes of the poor and average, and if this is gonna work by any chance, the rich will say thank you and book those pricy procedures for years to come, because you donated. just lol, I'd rather burn my money and I'm not even kidding

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not understanding my point. I didn't say they shouldn't exist, and I don't need to hear the pr/lobbyist spiel so let's just leave it at that. This is ridiculous and getting us nowhere. I'm tired of talking about all of this petty stuff in this thread. We're just going to have to wait for more news or keep going in circles. You guys must be the most miserable people. Tsuji solved the inductivity problem that's been plaguing HM for two decades, and he successfully grew hair in a human. They have regulatory approval to conduct clinical trials, and are ready to move forward with them as soon as they get the funds to do so, yet all you guys can do is complain because they aren't doing things the way you think they should. This is so petty.
No, I'm complaining because they are likely going to fail because they are doing an extremely poor job at developing this treatment. If the science is as good as you say it is, then they are absolutely shooting themselves in the foot here. I'd like some hair back within the decade, and it's frustrating to see it unfold like this/

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
if you are donating to this you are straight up dumb and deserve to lose your money
these fuckers are banking on the hopes of the poor and average, and if this is gonna work by any chance, the rich will say thank you and book those pricy procedures for years to come, because you donated. just lol, I'd rather burn my money and I'm not even kidding
You can't lose your money on a donation. Do you know what a donation is?

We will see what happens a year from now. I bet they begin phase I by the end of they year. They've undoubtedly already received partnership inquiries. They got Kyocera and Organ Tech to partner with them before they solved the inductivity problem. It's anybody's guess why they are proceeding this way now, but they will have no trouble finding a partner. Just be patient, that's all you can do. I'm scheduling my dense pack hair transplant session now knowing that I will have unlimited donor supply in the coming decade.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't lose your money on a donation. Do you know what a donation is?

We will see what happens a year from now. I bet they begin phase I by the end of they year. They've undoubtedly already received partnership inquiries. They got Kyocera and Organ Tech to partner with them before they solved the inductivity problem. It's anybody's guess why they are proceeding this way now, but they will have no trouble finding a partner. Just be patient, that's all you can do. I'm scheduling my dense pack hair transplant session now knowing that I will have unlimited donor supply in the coming decade.
And I will follow suit when I see successful phase 1 trials. 4000+ graph front pack incoming.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been saying it for years, don’t sleep on this guy. Tsuji will deliver when the science is ready

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very exciting to say the least. If human trials are proven successful, hairloss is no longer a thing. Even if you do not have $200,000 for hair now. You certainly have $2,000 for a Turkish hair transplant for this decade and infinite (~600,000 follicles) donor afterwards.

To everyone already making plans based off the current news... I’d wait. Although they have “solved the problem” that doesn’t imply that there won’t be others. It’s not over till the fat lady (or bald dude) sings.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very exciting to say the least. If human trials are proven successful, hairloss is no longer a thing. Even if you do not have $200,000 for hair now. You certainly have $2,000 for a Turkish hair transplant for this decade and infinite (~600,000 follicles) donor afterwards.

To everyone already making plans based off the current news... I’d wait. Although they have “solved the problem” that doesn’t imply that there won’t be others. It’s not over till the fat lady (or bald dude) sings.
Well said.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

You do realize that most people don't have over 200k follicles on their heads? What would you be going for with 600,000 o_O

I agree though, I need human proof before I change anything in the present (ie get a hair transplant).

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You do realize that most people don't have over 200k follicles on their heads? What would you be going for with 600,000 o_O

I agree though, I need human proof before I change anything in the present (ie get a hair transplant).
Doing you think that if proof is shown in a human trial, all the big money would come pouring in?