Rgrowth advice for hairline

jecheung

Reaction score
Just is a subject covered before, with no satisfactory conclusion. I need some advice from long term minoxidil users, aged late 20s to early 30s who have had success with regrowth on the hairline. What do you use?

I've been on nizoral, finasteride and 5% minoxidil for 6 years. I've had slow thinning during this time, but in the last year, my hairline took a huge hit. It keeps thinning and falling out really quickly. what should I try?

Thanks for any comments..

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people are getting good results with CB. I'd check that out.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Uh, finasteride has the same possibilities of sides as dutasteride you know?

also CB-03-01 (i think its called) Do a forum search. bunch of topics for it.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah don't compare finasteride to dutasteride in terms of "recovery" from possible sides. Not much out there for the hairline besides minoxidil. I know a few people are putting a lot of stock into DNC-N but honestly I feel like their products are poor for the most part and aren't backed by any studys. Good luck.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Uh many people on these very forums have claimed permanent sides from finasteride seems like every topic someone mentions it....

Not sure where you guys are getting your info.

Bottom line, both dutasteride AND finasteride can cause sides (2% chance for finasteride, unknown for dutasteride, likely the same), and both have a very small percentage chance of causing long lasting sides.

jecheung

Reaction score
Well lets get back on topic. So the legit suggestions so far are dutasteride and spectral dns. Anything else I can try? spironolactone? maybe finasteride isnt working on the hairline?

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If the finasteride and minoxidil combo can't help your hairline then it's very unlikely anything else will...... apart from a hair transplant.

jecheung

Reaction score
well I read in many places that finasteride may not work that well on the hairline... some people had to have success with other products..

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride+minoxidil for about 4 years now and can confirm my hairlines just been the same if not slightly worser...

I have recently this year switched to minoxidil liquid and noticed a slightly better improvement my dead lifeless hairs along my hairline are a bit longer but still too thin to notice properly.

I will continue the big 3 for another year but if theres no major improvement pack it all in, tbh im half tempted to stop it all now but ill give it another 6-12 months cos at least can say in my life time I darn it tried the best noted approved/safe hair loss treatments and I can say when im depressed and no girl that life sux without hair !

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
jecheung said:
Well lets get back on topic. So the legit suggestions so far are dutasteride and spectral dns. Anything else I can try? spironolactone? maybe finasteride isnt working on the hairline?

For various physiological reasons, the hairline is the most difficult place to stop balding and grow hair. I'd go with the maximum possible treatment, and use prescription Proxiphen (it won't be as expensive as you think, if all you're doing is applying part of the standard dose along the front hairline). Taking "Spectral DNS" seriously as a substitue for Proxiphen is ridiculous. Go with the real thing, Proxiphen.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
jecheung said:
that;s not true.... fins sides go away after you stop using it, dutasteride sides do not..

I had sides on finasteride. I am not having sides on dutasteride. Huh. Fancy that.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my hairline treatment: cb-03-01, AHK-Cu peptide-copper complex, myistate rum(jan), prescription proxiphen, rogaine foam, emu oil. i add mdv 3100 if the price comes down.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
israelite said:
my hairline treatment: cb-03-01, AHK-Cu peptide-copper complex, myistate rum(jan), prescription proxiphen, rogaine foam, emu oil. i add mdv 3100 if the price comes down.

And have u seen success?

where in the world r u getting ure cb? pm me if u dont want to say here

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
jecheung said:

For various physiological reasons, the hairline is the most difficult place to stop balding and grow hair. I'd go with the maximum possible treatment, and use prescription Proxiphen (it won't be as expensive as you think, if all you're doing is applying part of the standard dose along the front hairline). Taking "Spectral DNS" seriously as a substitue for Proxiphen is ridiculous. Go with the real thing, Proxiphen.

What's ridiculous is your constant pushing of Proctor's products when there's no evidence that it's the "maximum possible treatment" or that it works better than any other product out there, as Dr. P claims....or is any better than Spectral DNS. You don't even use any of Proctor's products yourself.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Einstein said:
israelite said:

And have u seen success?

where in the world r u getting ure cb? pm me if u dont want to say here

yes im having success and its only been 9 weeks

Attachments

• IMAG0239.jpg
    IMAG0239.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 190
  • week9.jpg
    week9.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 242

lee123

Reaction score
i'm shocked at the money you must be wasting isralite for the little hair loss you actually have....