rgbnm's story

rgbnm

Reaction score
Hello everyone:) I'm from Poland, and I'm 20 years old. I never paid too much attention to my hair (or hairstyle), but recently got a bit worried - I think the hair density is going down, over the whole of the top of my head. Besides, my temples have been slowly creeping up for a couple of years. Fortunately, I don't have rather big shedding (sth like 70-80 hair after showering), and almost no family history, but I do have an annoying problem with dandruff (loads of it, bleh...).

Therefore I have a couple of questions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated:)
1) Is it yet a full-blown NW2?:)
2) Is there any diffuse thinning in my case, as shown in the pics? Or any sign of progressing male pattern baldness?
3) If so, what treatment should I consider? I use Nizoral shampoo twice a week, plus some natural remedies (a mix of biotin, zinc, B12 and so on). I don't want to jump on finasteride as yet. Is Minoxidil in my case a good solution? Or anything else?
4) Lastly, are the people who develop male pattern baldness rather early in worse position than those who start balding in their 40-50s? I mean, could you develop, let's say NW2-2a temples in your early twenties, and stay that way for a long time, or is baldness constantly progressing?

Many thanks for any answers, and good luck to everyone :)

The pics (in inverse order)

Attachments

• DSC_0122.jpg
    DSC_0122.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC_0123.jpg
    DSC_0123.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC_0126.jpg
    DSC_0126.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC_0121.jpg
    DSC_0121.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC_0127.jpg
    DSC_0127.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC_0129.jpg
    DSC_0129.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 203

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 20 yrs old, could this be thinning?? need advice (pcs)

Your hair loss looks similar to mine, only less advanced. I would say you are NW2 and there might be a little bit of thinning on the top. If you don't want to jump on finasteride yet it's probably best to keep an eye on your hair and if you notice it's getting worse then reconsider. minoxidil probably wouldn't be worth it at this point since your hair still looks very good.

As for whether people who develop male pattern baldness early are in worse position... from everything I've read, yeah, there is a higher chance that someone thinning in their early twenties will have a more aggressive case of balding. It's not a rule of course, just the more likely scenario.

rgbnm

Reaction score

Thanks mate:) I don't have any massive shedding, but the majority of hair fallout comes from the frontal line, as if the temples were slowly creeping up... For now, I would like to thicken up the frontal area, but preferably with natural remedies. That is, make some improvements to general hair condition, but without much interference, as the situation is not very urgent. I'm thinking about jumping on Revivogen and Tricomin - is that a good choice? Or anything else besides these ones? Any answers welcome:)

rgbnm

Reaction score

Ok guys, recently I had my hair cut, and I'm getting more nervous about this issue. I have to go to a dermatologist as yet (just booked an appointment), and I can say that I'm getting a diffuse thinning all over my head, which I haven't noticed earlier. Primarily, it is in the top/frontal area of my head, but I can notice some thin hair in the donor area as well. Probably it's not much of a shedding, it's noticeable mainly in a shower sink or when I pull them out (bunches of thin hair coming out). Still it's not visible, but I wonder what to start with - things like Propecia seem to me unnecessary, I'd rather jump on them in case it turns worse. I want to base my regimen on natural treatments, hoping that it halts the process. I've come up with some ideas:
-Nizoral (with some non-SLS shampoo)
-Revivogen, S5 Lotion?
-Rogaine?

As I said, it points to male pattern baldness-pattern diffuse thinning, more accelerated in NW7 area, but I get some noticeable thinning in donor area (ie, the male pattern baldness-proof area) as well - roughly, as I did a count of a couple of some cut-out small bunches, the degree of miniaturisation is from ca. 20% [of hair being affected] in donor area to 40% in NW4 area. I started to wonder, could it be caused by something else? I have almost no family history, at least nobody started going bald in their early twenties. I've lost like 35 kg of weight over last 2 years, could this be somehow the cause, or anemia, or etc.?

PS. Please excuse me if this seems too childish/hypochondriatic to you, I know many of HairLossTalk.com members have their own problems, do their best to fight this sh*t and yet get no/weak results, and are in a much worse position - I do really appreciate your determination. It's just that, I've barely turned 20 y/old, and made so much effort recently to change myself - went to a uni, used to be a 120-kg fatty but now doing lots of sport and gym workout, started meeting some girls etc., it would get me depressed to go bald so quickly.

Thanks for any advice, and wish you good luck :) I'll post some pics later on

Experienced Member
Reaction score

diffuse thinning is a sign of a hormone inbalance... check your thyroids

rgbnm

Reaction score

2020 said:
diffuse thinning is a sign of a hormone inbalance... check your thyroids

I did the routine blood and urine tests, TSH level is normal, much like everything else. Should I go further with thyroids tests?