revivogen ?

Dale

Reaction score
I read somewhere that propecia and avodart only inhibit about 30 and 50% of scalp DHT, even though they eliminated serum DHT by 70 and 90% respectively. I recently switched from propecia to avodart and i'm seeing great results, but was wondering if I should use a topical DHT inhibitor like revivogen to remove more DHT from my scalp.

lordhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm using Revivogen at the moment, but it's too early to tell how sucessful it's been

You could try using the Revivogen shampoo, it's supposed to have scalp DHT cleansing abilites. It's good value because you get a big bottle and it does feel very soothing on the scalp

viperfish

Reaction score
It would not hurt to use the revivogen. I personally love the stuff and the shampoo and conditioner are great. Best shampoo I've ever used! :lol:

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
avodart effectively reduces your scalp dht. There are other androgens and pathways which cause male pattern baldness other than dht. If you want to make sure your hair is not affected by these other metaboblic pathways then you should use topical spironolactone which blocks these androgens at the receptor site.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dale said:
I read somewhere that propecia and avodart only inhibit about 30 and 50% of scalp DHT, even though they eliminated serum DHT by 70 and 90% respectively.

Those scalp numbers really don't mean much, because they've been contradicted by another study. We don't know which one is right, and which one is wrong. Hell, they could BOTH be wrong! :wink:

Bryan

Dale

Reaction score
What works better, the 2 or the 5% spironolactone. Ive read that the 2% is in liquid form, which to me sounds more convenient, while the 5% is a lotion. I would like to use the 2% for ease of application, but not if it doesnt work as well.