Revivogen....suspicious company...?

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
For years i've been reading different male pattern baldness-related forums and on every site I've did encounter posts from "new" posters related to Revivogen that did look supspicious to me...

because (A) they are acclaiming good results without willing to go into any details (B) don't post more than a few posts in a period of time and (C) different posters have exactly the same writing-style...

Anybody experienced the same?

This is a post from a user who also had the same experience:

I was on the forum for revivogen on http://www.hairlosshelp.com and something very strange happened. Farrel(a supposed poster) was arguing with some guy about Revivogen and in order to prove that Revivogen works Farrel said he received an email testimonial. But the strange thing was that the email was addressed to info@revivogen.com, how did Farrel get his hands on that email? He must work for revivogen, I noticed he deletes most of the letters criticizing Revivogen too(since he runs the forum as well). I can't believe even these forums are not safe from Revivogen's slick marketing machine. Farrel also announced that revivogen is doing a "study" on it's product and allowing it's participants to perform "self-evaluation." If they truly believed in their product and wanted to show how effective it is they would commission a double blind study. After finding these things out today I am staying far away from that phony forum and NEVER buying Revivogen

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I also get the impession that Revivogen pays off hairloss site owners...

I'd like to not believe it, but I do.

As far as Revivogen working, well, I think that it probably works for some people. I wouldn't give it a try anytime soon.

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
I also get the impession that Revivogen pays off hairloss site owners...

I'd like to not believe it, but I do.

As far as Revivogen working, well, I think that it probably works for some people. I wouldn't give it a try anytime soon.

I am also a bit confused in relation to our HairLossTalk.com-moderater. I really respect the guy and his site, it has giving me a permanent source of good info. But Revivogen is really the only "non-proven/natural" treatment he really promotes and he's pretty negative about other non-proven things like saw palmetto and beta-sisterol. Besides that, how can our HairLossTalk.com-moderator be so positive about a product wich internetsite is showing such lame pictures...

Still Bryan has always been pretty positive about Revivogen, so i still give it a shot

Btw: HairLossTalk.com-moderater, i don't want to offend you but i'm just cautious here, i hope you respect it.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
science-jay said:
Aplunk1 said:
I als...
Btw: HairLossTalk.com-moderater, i don't want to offend you but i'm just cautious here, i hope you respect it.

I shouldn't speak for him - but I'm prertty sure that after trying this that and the other, it was finally revivigen and spironolactone that helped him out.

There's a lot of rev success stories out there - mostly from the younger set whose hair loss wasn;t that bad yet and who started on rev early.

Too expensive though.

I'd go w/ crinagen or superzix first.

Then again, I used rev for almost 9 months and it didn't help me - but it has helped others.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I trust HairLossTalk.com. In fact, he recommends the big 3 over anything else.
In my opinion, revivogen will work for young people who just started thinning. (Norwood 1.01 or NW1.2).
If you are past NW2, get on finasteride.

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
[quote="science-jay":082cf]
Aplunk1 said:
I als...

I shouldn't speak for him - but I'm prertty sure that after trying this that and the other, it was finally revivigen and spironolactone that helped him out.

There's a lot of rev success stories out there - mostly from the younger set whose hair loss wasn;t that bad yet and who started on rev early.

Too expensive though.

I'd go w/ crinagen or superzix first.

Then again, I used rev for almost 9 months and it didn't help me - but it has helped others.
[/quote:082cf]

I trust HairLossTalk.com, so i give it a try...
by the way hair transplant, did you have succes with super-zix?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
science-jay said:
[quote="hair_tomorrow":18a65][quote="science-jay":18a65]
Aplunk1 said:
I als...

... by the way hair transplant, did you have succes with super-zix?
[/quote:18a65][/quote:18a65]

I'm only at the 2 1/2 month mark w/ SZ - so, too soon for a thorough evaluation - except to say that as far as topicals go - SZ is very nice, cooling and soothing and fast drying and leaves your hair looking good afterwards. Can't say that about revivogen.

So far - no complaints.

PS: I'm not using the azaelic acid component to SZ - but plan on adding that soon - maybe sometime in the next few months.

~ 01/09/2006 – definitely seeing some new vellus sprouts in my left temple area;
~ 01/13/2006 – maintenance month; no dramatic regrowth but no major setbacks.
~ 01/28/2006 - at casual glance, my hair looks full and healthy and may have thickened up a bit “cosmeticallyâ€. No evidence of regrowth except for those vellus hairs.
~ 02/20/2006 - “might†be seeing slightly more density on top and a few new hairs in the temples region. Still showing a lot of scalp – but things might be starting to improve.
~ 02/22/2006 – “think†I see a few vellus hairs in my left temple going terminal.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
H_T – mate, that’s one impressive regimen you have there.

You’ll see from my “My Regimen†tab, I’m really only using topical minoxidil once a day and then Cu peptides when I remember. Can I get you to write out how and in what order you apply your topicals? As in morning – minoxidil + Cu peptides, wait one hour, SuperZix etc…

I’m thinking of adding something like Revivogen and/or SuperZix in but am not sure how to combine these with minoxidil and Cu peptides. Is there anyway of doing this all at night (without spending hours with wet hair that is)?

At present, I use minoxidil only at night and about 1 hour before I go to bed. At this time it’s usually only me and/or girlfriend around, with my house mates about to go to sleep. Does Revivogen or SuperZix need to be applied any set time before or after minoxidil? Both morning and night?

I’m lazy and don’t want to spend too much effort or time in front of the mirror!

Thanks in advance.

Def

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Def - "they say" to use Rev 2x per, once in the am and once in the pm. But it craps up your hair so bad - you don't want to use it in the am - unless you use the teeniest amt. I ended up only using (2ml) before bed.

Topicals? Me? Well, you asked for it. Don't laugh!

~ Upon waking up and approx 15 minutes before showering, apply a homemade mixture of polysorbate 80 and saw palmetto;

~ Once in the shower, rinse hair thorough, and apply ACV with cayenne and ginger;

~ Shampoo the acv in w/ either nizoral 2% or Green Tea. Let sit for 2 minutes.

~ Rinse, shampoo w/ Alpecin C1. Let sit for 2 min.

~ Rinse, condition w/ Revivogen Conditioner as needed.

~ Get out of shower, towel dry hair - apply SuperZix. You're supposed to use SZ 2x daily, preferably 12 hours apart. Also if you're using SZ and minoxidil, apply the SZ first and wait a min of 5 minutes before applying the minoxidil.

~ Wait as long as I can before running out the door - and then apply Dr. Lee's 5%. Someday soon I'm going to add Azaelic Acid to my minoxidil.

~ Come home after a hard day's work and either rub retin-a or folligen into my scalp. I alternate these daily. I'll be going back on tricomin and dropping the retin-a for the summer months and I'll be using the tricomin daily.

~ After dinner - SuperZix.

~ About an hour before bed - Emu Oil (to which I'm soon going to be adding some essential oils (rosemary, lavender, cedarwood and thyme).

Right before bed - minoxidil (either x15 which I'm dropping soon, 5%, or ozbrew).

whew!

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Pob said:
hair_tomorrow, I'm curious. What's your experience of SuperNix?

Go back up a few messages :)

Pob

Reaction score
Ah.

Don't you just hate it when you have to repeat yourself? I said, don't you just hate it when you have to repeat yourself?

Be very interesting to see how you get on. Good luck.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Pob said:
Ah.

Don't you just hate it when you have to repeat yourself? I said, don't you just hate it when you have to repeat yourself?

Be very interesting to see how you get on. Good luck.

Thanks Pob. Desperate times call for desperate measures. :)

Desperate times call for desperate measures. :)

Thanks Pob. (really) :)

Shed-A-Head

Reaction score
science-jay said:
For years i've been reading different male pattern baldness-related forums and on every site I've did encounter posts from "new" posters related to Revivogen that did look supspicious to me...

because (A) they are acclaiming good results without willing to go into any details (B) don't post more than a few posts in a period of time and (C) different posters have exactly the same writing-style...

Anybody experienced the same?

Same here.
Plus, the way Revivogen's scientific success is presented is very similar to the way old "proven" scams claim theirs. The only real difference is: Revivogen says it works as a DHT inhibitor. On the other hand... it seems to be working for some of the ppl here...

Felk

Reaction score
That "doctor" is probably the creator. And yes i think they did, as it is an advertorial, not a neutral review.

Other things that make me doubt revivogen:

-One of the before and after pictures is anything but objective. The before pic is at a completely different angle, the after pic taken from further back with the hair brushed forward, greatly accentuating the improvement.
-All this stuff about the "clinical trial" that has been going on indefinately whenever someone asks
-The fact that if it worked well, there is no way finasteride or dutasteride would exist. Who would ever choose to take a hormone-altering pill when they could maintain and/or regrow their hair with a once a day application of an all natural lotion?

powersam

Reaction score
that whole 'if it actually worked there'd be no other treatments' is a very tired and never relevant statement. it completely ignores the possibility that things can work to some extent, or with varying degrees of success, or differently in different people.

Felk

Reaction score
PowerSam said:
that whole 'if it actually worked there'd be no other treatments' is a very tired and never relevant statement. it completely ignores the possibility that things can work to some extent, or with varying degrees of success, or differently in different people.

Hehehe thanks for correcting me to the positive side of things. I agree with what you're saying, and would like to believe these things to work, but perhaps i should have said "if it actually worked well" or "if it had a good chance of working well"

finasteride and minoxidil fit these claims, unlike revivogen, and they are by far the most commonly used treatments. Of course they're proven, which helps... :p

powersam

Reaction score
i understand your sentiment dude, and we are all hoping for that treatment which makes all others unnecessary. till then we have to make do with using the ones that are quite succesful with the ones that are a little succesful in the hope of then attaining a full result :)

plus these 'experimental' treatments are that last bastian of hope for those who are let down by the proven ones.

I have to say also that i doubt i'm alone in saying that if HairLossTalk.com gives it a thumbs up then thats enough for me. he could make far more money off this site with absolutely no effort on his part if he wanted to, but he doesnt because he won't let the snakeoil salesmen ply their trade here.

Ras Gas

Reaction score
I have used finasteride for 80 days then quit due to sides. Used revivgen for 5 months now. Results are awesome