revivogen, spironolactone, proxiphen-n for the new guy

johnnyhatesjazz

Reaction score
Hiya folks!

I'm new to this whole hairloss posting business. I've been reading you guy's dialogues for about a month now, and I must say, some of you are quite the witty little characters. I figure, why should you have all the fun? Me left out in the cold (mainly cold because of hair loss).

OK, enough talk. Here's the deal. I'm 23. I started losing at 21. Immediately tried lasercomb. I figured it was as good a place to start as any, and I liked the who NO SIDE EFFECTS thing. Boy was I in for it. Turns out I have this huge blood vessel on top of my head that swells to the diameter of a number two pencil if the laser so much as GRAZES the thing. Ok, that was an exaggeration, but it did give me headaches. I returned it, and got my money back. I spent it on two months of minoxidil 5%, propecia 1mg, revivogen, and nizoral.

After two months of taking propecia, the dizziness still hasn't stopped. I've tried everything: when I take it, how I take it, where I take it, who gives it to me, what their shoe size is, their place of birth . . . you get the idea. I even tried taking a half a day. No luck.

I tried minoxidil ONCE a day, but I'm pretty sure that's what gave me headaches. Probably for the same reason the lasercomb didn't work. I haven't really played with minoxidil very much, but I think it's a no-go as well.

So far, only revivogen seems not to affect me negatively. Of course, I don't really know if it's working or not. It hasn't been long enough. But here's where I could use some help:

I read Bryan Shelton's article on this site about the possibility of spironolactone 5% plus revivogen possibly being a great DHT inhibiting combo, but I need a growth stimulator. I read about doctor proctor's proxiphen-n + NANO shampoo, and even E-mailed Bryan Shelton about it (very nice guy, by the way) I have faith in this regimen, but I just wondered if it's foolish of me to even THINK about regrowth without using at least two of the "BIG THREE" everyone seems to like so much. Any thoughts, experiences, conundrums, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

ineedhairnow

Reaction score
You sound like you know better than I do. Its been a week since my hair transplant, I still have not had a chance to try Tricomin, since I have to use this Grafcyte shampoo that the Dr.s gave me. I am back to using Rogaine on the crown, been taking propecia for a while.

Very curious about Revivogen, you've mentioned it, how does it work? Can you mix it with Tricomin and Rogaine?

What is the big three?

Sorry to question you without really being able to answer your question.

johnnyhatesjazz

Reaction score
revivogen

ineedhair,

look up the product review on this very website. It gives a very good explanation of how revivogen works.

the big three is none other than a pet name for the triumvirate of the only products FDA approved to re-grow hair: propecia, minoxidil, and nizoral shampoo to control flaking

ineedhairnow

Reaction score
thanks for feedback.

I did read about Revivogen. The question is that, if Revivogen is a topical, could I apply it before/after I put on rogaine? If I shampoo with Tricomin, then put the tricomin hair therapy spary, wait for that to dry, then put Revivogen on, wait for that to dry and then finally finish it off with rogaine, wouldn't that be too much for the hair to handle? Or is it better for the hair?

This whole combining therapy can be costly and time consuming and confusing when you really have no idea if it all mixes well together or not.

viperfish

Reaction score
Revivogen should remain on the scalp for 3 hours before using any other topicals.