Revivogen or Tricomen?

JamesC55

Reaction score
Revivogen Shampoo or Tric. Shampoo/Conditioner ?

which is better for early thinning/balding?

JamesC55

Reaction score
sorry I am only 17, dont want to get into all of that right away.

any advice on which shampoo/conditioner?

JamesC55

Reaction score

Ok so what Nizoral shampoo? I have a NW2 i think at the moment.

And to rotate?

I was thinking of ordering the Tricomen because it has a shampoo AND a conditioner while revivogen is only a shampoo...

i really would like some input on this. I am going to buy it as soon as i am sure and need the advice as early as poss.!

thanks.

JamesC55

Reaction score
I think i am going to get Nizoral Shampoo, still wondering which one to get, the Tricomen Shampoo/Conditioner and the Folligen Spray..

is this a good combination? how should it be used?

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sorry I am only 17, dont want to get into all of that right away.

If you have a hairloss problem, ANY shampoo/conditioner on it's own will do............JACK sh*t!

IF, you have a noticable problem, you need to act quick, however, if your regimen is a preventative measure, than i may forgive you.

My advice:

Since your young, forget propecia, atleast for the next 3 years or so.

*Best value shampoo = Nizoral 2%
*You need a dht-inhibitor (do some research if you don't know what that is), since we've ruled out finasteride, topical spirolactonone is your best bet.
*Minoxidil is cheap as hell at costco.com, its the best regrowth stimulant available & 99.9% free of sides (apart from an itchy head once in a while).

I don't think Revivogen has any PROOF that it works, enough said. Tricomin (or other copper peptide formulas) should be added AFTER you have a dht inhibitor, not before.

G

I don't think Revivogen has any PROOF that it works, enough said.

Yea i havent heard one person that revivogen works. Its not proven and I wouldnt gamble on it if I where you.

James I bought the tricomin spray and im wondering if it will do anything. If i where you I would buy:

Nano Shampoo -Use as your regular shampoo
Proxiphen-N -Put in areas you want to regrow
Nizoral Shampoo -Use every third day for 3-5 min, for scalp health
Rogaine -Put in areas you want to regrow

Nano and proxiphen-n probley wont do much to grow hair but ive heard from a lot of people its great for maintaining. Im using it right now and its very easy to apply and comfortable to use. Nizoral Shampoo feels very good for me on my scalp and around here everyone says its a must for any hairloss regimen. Just research all these products and look around and see whats good for you.

JamesC55

Reaction score
James I bought the tricomin spray and im wondering if it will do anything. If i where you I would buy:

Nano Shampoo -Use as your regular shampoo
Proxiphen-N -Put in areas you want to regrow
Nizoral Shampoo -Use every third day for 3-5 min, for scalp health
Rogaine -Put in areas you want to regrow

Ok,
I let me get started i have a bunch of Q's.

Nano Shampoo, bought in the stores? What about conditioner?
Proxiphen-N , if it doesnt really help regrow, just use it to maintain?
Nizoral Shampoo, 2% im guessing, i will get, how is it used?
and Rogaine?? aka Minoxidil? what %?

thx

JamesC55

Reaction score
i was just researching,

what i need is

DHT inhibitor
SOD
Growth Stimulator
anti-inflammatory
anti-androgens.

By getting Folligen Spray, it is an anti-inflammatory, Growth Stimulant, and SOD

Nizoral 2% for Anti-androgens

and Revivogen for a DHT inhibitor??

Folligen Spray, Nizoral 2% shampoo, and Revivogen Shampoo?

But then again, Tricomen is supposedly proven and Revivogen is not?

I am getting many mixed answers.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice to know your doing your homework here James, but there are problems with your findings:

Folligen is an anti-inflammatory & SOD, but it's definately not as good a growth stimulant as minoxidil (there is PLENTY of research behind minoxidil, plus MANY individual accounts of how it has worked for people, including myself & many others on the board).

*minoxidil is the best hair growth stimulant available by some margin!

*Nizoral is an anti-androgen plus it is a good anti-inflammatory, however, and this is important to note, nizorals anti-androgenic properties aren't that powerful, even with the 2% ketaconazole version, and in the USA that is only available on scrpit (i'm in the UK & can get 2% otc).

*Revivogen is supposed to be a dht inhibitor, atleast thats what its meant to do, there are NO clinical trials supporting this product that i know of, and individual rewiews of this product, as far as i have read, are not good. This to me = why the hell take a chance on this sh*t when there is proven treatments out there?

My personal recommendation to you is this:

*Nizoral Shampoo (1% or 2%) - anti-inflammatory
*Minoxidil (5%) - growth stimulant
*Topical spironolactone (2%) - dht/androgen inhibitor

spironolactone has decent reviews as an anti-androgen & dht inhibitor. I've used both these websites below:

http://www.minoxidil.com
http://www.wholesalehairproducts.com

Plus, if you live in the US, you can get dirt cheap minoxidil from:

http://www.costco.com

If you have the extra doe, add the folligen, but this is your 4th product behind the 3 i've stated in my opinion. :freaked:

JamesC55

Reaction score
Thanks... but why 5% Mino and not 2%?

i've searched costco.com for Minoxidil, Hair Loss, and Rogaine, and cannot find anything...

how do i go about finding Mino on costco.com?

thanks

G

Ok james,

Minoxidil 5 percent came out after 2 percent. Its proven to regrow more hair then 2 percent. Its just an improvement. You would know that if you read their site lol. Go to http://www.hairlosstalk.com and click on PRODUCT REVIEWS and click the products you want to look at. It will go over nano and proxiphen and what they do. And Nizoral 1 percent is for mild cases of dandruff but it cleans your scalp. Nizoral 2 percent is a for bigger problems of dandruff (so it says on the bottle) So I have very mild dandruff so I just use the 1 percent and its fine for me. Folligen and Tricomin are basically the same thing. Folligen is made by the makers of tricomin and they serve the same purpose. I cant tell you anything about spironolactone because I dont know anything about it but I hear people around this board say its good.

Like I said before, just research the products and find whats good for your case. And use your head man. They sell these products all over the internet. Just type in the product name in the search engine and im sure you will find a place to buy it. You can get most of these products at hairlosspharmacy.com

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good advice from YoungGuy17. As for minoxidil 2% vs 5%...

Scientific studies show, without a doubt, minoxdil works better at higher strengths. The 5% version is shown to be around 40% MORE EFFECTIVE, in real terms (hair growth) than the 2% version.

Nozoral 2% is a better anti-fungal, and if ketakonazole is a mild anti-androgen, it stands to reason that using a 2% formula may yield better results than a 1%. I'm not certain, but i think the studies done showing Nizoral to be a good hairloss product are done with the 2% version.

Stingray

Reaction score
Let me clarify. Shampoos are not a good source of benifits PERIOD. Nizoral is added to the mix simply because of it's anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. To reap the benifits of its anti-androgenic property, the shampoo would need to sit for hours on end to have a benificial amount of the chemical be absorbed into the skin...which may or may not be a good thing. To put your trust into revivogen, trichomen, folligen, steal-my-money-please-ogen, or whatever other -ogen you're planning on using is like betting to an inside straight. Use minoxidil... use spironolactone...they are known to work. You are smart not to jump on the finasteride bandwagon, but you'd be a fool to get on the alternative attack approach. Just use what's known to work dude... you'll thank me later. As will your pocket book.