Revita for 2 days!!!!!

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so I got overly anxious and I purchased Revita. I've used it only twice. Then after reading some horror stories (that'll learn me to do things on a whim) I freaked out about it because it causes shedding, etc.... and some complain hair never returned.

My question is..... Do you think Revita has done anything to me in two days that's irreversible if I just stop using it now and just continue doing what I've been doing for years? (Which is daily Propecia/Rogaine.)

I'm really worried that after only 2 days, I've caused shedding that won't return if I stop using it.... as slight as it may be.

Any thoughts?

BaldingInGermany

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess you are going to lose 70% of your hair during the next 4 weeks. Revita is follicle killer. Good luck.

N

needlesting

nahhhh he's kidding dude..nothing will happen and if u experience some shedding dont worry abt it its absolutely normal..

omgwtfbbq

Reaction score
As an FYI, I've been using revita every day since... i think april 07... in conjunction with finasteride 1mg/day and rogaine once daily, and my hair's improved immensely. I would definitely say that the revita was a big part of my success.

Here's the thing you need to remember - PATIENCE. All treatments take a long time. ALL OF THEM. I've been doing the "combatting hair loss" thing for almost a year now, and I've just in the last few months started to note some real differences. Hair cycles through multiple stages and can take quite a while to grow.

Good luck.

viperfish

Reaction score
I've been using Revita since Feb. 07. Best shampoo I have ever used. It has helped.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
viperfish said:
I've been using Revita since Feb. 07. Best shampoo I have ever used. It has helped.

Me too - well, March 07.

No help - but no shed.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for calming my nerves (a bit). I'm going to go to my dermatologist on wednesday (he's a "brother") and talk to him about all this stuff.

Alas... I haven't used Revita since and wont until I speak with my Doctor.

Thanks again.

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
It did nothing for me except me shed like crazy. And yes I did stick it out, and no regrowth.

I stopped though and my hair's since returned to normal so my advice is try it for a few months and see how it goes (be patient, as with any treatment!), if it's not for you then don't be afraid to stop.

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
Barry_Blue said:
It did nothing for me except me shed like crazy. And yes I did stick it out, and no regrowth.

I stopped though and my hair's since returned to normal so my advice is try it for a few months and see how it goes (be patient, as with any treatment!), if it's not for you then don't be afraid to stop.

I'm glad to hear that barry. May I ask where you lost some hair? was it general shedding all over or in specific areas?

I actually brought the brochure over to my dermatologist who I respect a great deal and is a "brother" who recently had an hair transplant. He basically went through all the ingredients and called it all out for the bullshit that it is. One thing he mentioned of particular interest is that there is no proof that DHT blockers will absorb through the scalp nor will it necessarily help if you're already taking a DHT blocker like propecia as I am. As for the other ingredients, he was suspicious of them, but doesn't think it hurt me any.

I have, after only 2 applications, definitely noticed some accelerated hair loss and I can only hope that by stopping, my hair goes back to normal as yours did. I think that a lot of people hope that there are other treatments that will help grow their hair back. The only thing that really exists there is "hope." People can get desperate and become willing to try anything in order to get their hair back. I've basically decided that I'm not going to put myself in a position to try and grow hair with unproven treatments.

The one thing he did say will absolutely happen in "my lifetime" (I don't like the sound of "my lifetime" at all lol) is hair multiplication/cell therapy. That's the one "hope" we really have at this point. I "hope" that they make progress swiftly. I "hope" my hair holds out to a good degree until it does. I "hope" it works well and I "hope" that "my lifetime" is really short lol.

There are only 2 things the FDA says will grow or keep your hair at this time. 1-propecia and 2-rogaine. Until there's something else like these drugs, approved by the strictest I'll just keep doing what I'm doing by using those meds instead of wasting money and energy. If guys claim this products like this works.... kudos.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Kube8 said:
I actually brought the brochure over to my dermatologist who I respect a great deal and is a "brother" who recently had an hair transplant. He basically went through all the ingredients and called it all out for the bullshit that it is.

If guys claim this products like this works.... kudos.

Quite the disconnect, there.....if it's definitely bullshit how could it possibly grow hair...hmm?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you guys are ridiculous. Its just a shampoo. Look at the ingredients, theres nothing in there that will cause hair loss. On the other hand i doubt its gonna help much either. Ive used it for about 6 months, its a decent shampoo, but i doubt its given me success, i attribute that to propecia.

G

Revita is pretty bad.It thined out my hair big time and nothing is bringing it back to pre revita.

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
i think revita is way over priced

the only useful things in revita are ketoconazole, maybe zinc and maybe the caffeine.

the other stuff might be good on it's own, but there's so much stuff in revita who knows how much of it actually gets into the scalp and stays there.

i think the only users who benefit are the ones that can't handle nizoral

nizoral mixed with emu oil is a better, cheaper alternative, imho.

for most, revita did not deliver