Reviews Of Midlands Uk hair transplant Surgeons - Dr Jha, Dr Malik Or Dr Haseeb

Joe1985

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’m considering hair transplant surgery.

I have looked at various clinics in the UK. The most well reviewed out there seem to be Farjo and Maitland clinic.

However I am from the Midlands and would prefer to stay local for follow up and convenience purposes. I have looked at Dr Nawal Jha in Leamington Spa, Dr Max Malik in Birmingham, and Dr Harris Haseeb in Nottingham.

Does anyone have any experience/reviews of these doctors?

This is a very big decision for me and I would appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Steve2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone had a hair transplant but has only seen limited growth after 12 months. My hair has little density and now beginning to worry the transplant may have failed. Do I just need to be patient? Cheers.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't emphasise this enough : avoid the UK if you can.
I understand the reluctance to travel, and the thought of not being able to go to clinic locally when help is needed. If this is what is stoppping you from going abroad, have no fear. Think of it this way: if it is a success, you wouldn't need much from the clinic other than post-op care advise which can be obtained via email or phone. If it is a failure, it is unlikely that anything can be done until after 12 months when you could consider a repair procedure, and you would NOT want to go back to the same clinic again (which hopefully you wouldn't have to think about if you choose wisely).
UK is known to be expensive and results are generally poor. While there could be the odd decent surgeons, your chances of success seems overwhelmingly better abroad and prices are lower, so I honestly do not see any reasons to consider having it done in UK.
Also it does NOT have to be Turkey which can be a landmine. There are decent reputable surgeons in Belgium and Spain within a short reach.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone had a hair transplant but has only seen limited growth after 12 months. My hair has little density and now beginning to worry the transplant may have failed. Do I just need to be patient? Cheers.

I must say if 12 months is up and you are seeing little results, it is rather concerning...
Some pics and details of the procedure with graft numbers and surgeon/clinic name would be helpful. Why not start your own thread ?

Steve2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
I must say if 12 months is up and you are seeing little results, it is rather concerning...
Some pics and details of the procedure with graft numbers and surgeon/clinic name would be helpful. Why not start your own thread ?
I had the maximum number of grafts possible. There just doesn't seem much density at all and so now using minoxyl as advised. The surgeon was credible. Just worried if I had done something wrong post care that may have effected the results but can't think what.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the 'maximum' ? Everyone has their different maximum based on their donor hair quality/density...but it needs to be in line with the area which needs coverage with appropriate angulation and placement, as well as suitable use of singles/multiples etc. Without photos it is almost impossible to judge.
Post-op care is important, but unless you accidentally damaged the new grafts during the first few days, it could not excuse the poor outcome. Could you publicise the name of the surgeon?

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol UK hair transplant surgeons. Don't make us laugh.

They are the worst in hair transplants in the world. They are genuinely s***.

Go to the back alley you'll get better results and you'll still have money left over.

Belgium, Athens, Turkey. Lots of top quality surgeons available. Don't do it in the UK.

Intrigued77777777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can people stop referencing locations, it sounds daft. The way it's worded is like you can travel to Athens and every hair surgeon is amazing, which I am sure is not the case. I would be surprised if there aren't good and bad in every city/country.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can people stop referencing locations, it sounds daft. The way it's worded is like you can travel to Athens and every hair surgeon is amazing, which I am sure is not the case. I would be surprised if there aren't good and bad in every city/country.

There aren't good hair transplant surgeons in every city that is the point. It's still in its infancy - there are probably only 15-20 or so clinics worldwide who are worth their salt and they are definitely not concentrated in the UK.

NicolasC

My Regimen
Reaction score
There aren't good hair transplant surgeons in every city that is the point. It's still in its infancy - there are probably only 15-20 or so clinics worldwide who are worth their salt and they are definitely not concentrated in the UK.

Could you suggest any? Giving names of cities is not particularly helpful unfortunately. If you have any recommendations I'd love to hear them.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you suggest any? Giving names of cities is not particularly helpful unfortunately. If you have any recommendations I'd love to hear them.

Brussels - B isanga, Feriduni, Lupanzula.
Cyprus - Maras.
Athens - B isanga and Cole clinic.
Turkey - Keser, Cosmedica, (possibly Cinik, HLC).
Mexico - Nader
Canada - Rahal, Hasson and Wong (more experienced on FUT)
Spain - Couto, Lorenzo, Freitas.

If you're based in London/UK, seems best to take Eurostar to Brussels or a little less convenient but cheaper fly out to Turkey/Greece/cyprus.

My top 3:
1) Couto (has waiting list to 2022) 2) Lorenzo 3) B isanga