Review Of Volumizing Products (long Hair)

INT

Reaction score
Hi all,

I ordered a shitload of stylings products that have very good reviews for giving hair more volume and body.
I ordered:

- Kevin Murphy body builder (mousse)
- Paul Mitchell extra body gel (gel)
- KMS California volumizing spray (hair spray)
- KMS California root and body lifter (hair spray)

Neither of the products contains sillicones and alcohol. Sillcones are terrible for hair because it is not water soluble so it makes the hair look dirty and heavy if you don't wash it with a harsh shampoo. Alcohols (often found in hair spray) dries out the hair.

PS: I have long curly hair a bit below the shoulders.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I ordered a shitload of stylings products that have very good reviews for giving hair more volume and body.
I ordered:

- Kevin Murphy body builder (mousse)
- Paul Mitchell extra body gel (gel)
- KMS California volumizing spray (hair spray)
- KMS California root and body lifter (hair spray)

Neither of the products contains sillicones and alcohol. Sillcones are terrible for hair because it is not water soluble so it makes the hair look dirty and heavy if you don't wash it with a harsh shampoo. Alcohols (often found in hair spray) dries out the hair.

PS: I have long curly hair a bit below the shoulders.
appreciate that buddy
but still u need to have nw2 like hair to use those stylist products i guess.

INT

Reaction score
True that...

So far:

The KMS products did a good in giving body and volume but it made me hair feel terrible. Probably because of the Propylene Glycol.
The Paul Mitchell gel only gave a little bit of volume but I don't like gels to begin with.

Winner so far is the Kevin Murphy mousse. Expensive but with great ingredientsand did a good job in giving body and volume. I now also bought the anti gravity lotion from Kevin Murphy.

INT

Reaction score
For any guys that still have some long hair; Giovanni direct leave-in conditioner is a great leave-in to give hair some extra body while still giving body. The problem with most conditioning products is that the more they conditioner, the flatter your hair will be. Not with this product, so I would definitely recommend this.