Results of using minoxidil for the past year

dcaj44

Reaction score
I started loosing a lot of hair around 2006. Prior to that I had a lion's set of hair. Then out of nowhere my hair completely thinned out. I quickly got on finasteride and it thickened up my hair again, but not to the same levels before hair loss started. I used finasteride without any other medications until 2011. Then in December of 2011 I decided to try minoxidil because my hair was slowly thinning out again and looking very limp.

Observations:

I had a shed after a month of using Rogaine. After four months, I had more hair and my hair looked thick. Then after four months I started to see less hair. As the months progressed I could see something was happening to my hair. It looked like the minoxidil was not working. It seemed like I was loosing hair. After 12 months, I would say, that the minoxidil knocked out some strong hairs especially near the temple points. I have more hair, but all the hairs are thin. So in a way I do have more hair, just a bunch more thin hairs. I would say minoxidil is working, it just didn't thicken the hairs as I was hoping it would do. Maybe that will happen in the following year.

I would add that during the first four months of using minoxidil, I was taking MSM and biotin.

Photo 1- After 4 months
Photo 4- After 8 months
Photo 5- At 12 months

Comments, thoughts?

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 945
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 877
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 903

jazz1

Reaction score
Try herbal divine oil it's in alternative thread I'm using that along with promox 15% lotion and going to start RU soon.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
With your loss pattern we would get a better idea if you took a semi close shot of the hairline(from the front) with your hair combed back especially just after a good towel drying after a shower. Its hard to tell anything from your current pics, except I can tell you are receding in pic 2.