Results Of My Dht Blood Tests Came Back. Micro Dosing Works.

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
I was 400 pg/ml when I did the test few years back. Now I am on 0.06 mg finesteride daily for the past 6 weeks. I did DHT blood test and it came back as 100 pg/ml. The normal range is 300 to 850 pg/ml

My question : is there any risks associated with such low level of DHT? I am not sure but does lower levels of DHT protects against prostate cancer?

Also which other blood test should I check to check gyno problems? So far I feel no tenderness or nipple puffiness.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Wow I stand corrected then... I genuinely believed anything under .33 isn't really doing much in terms of inhibiting dht, or at least in terms of saving your hair.

Apparently aside from the famous side effects of finasteride, the only thing you'll have to be careful for is when going for a prostste exam, just tell your Doctor you're on finasteride.

As for prostate cancer, finasteride has no effect on developing or killing prostate cancer, but since it shrinks the prostate you'd be more likely for a doctor to find serious prostate cancer if you were to have it, due to the prostate shrinking, and the pre existing cancer remaining its main size. So if anything finasteride can help in catching prostate cancer early

This will put your mind at ease: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.web...g-cut-prostate-cancer-risk.html?client=safari

Reactions: br1

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. So that is a reduction of 75% from baseline? In your case that would be the same as for most people on 0.2-5mg. I expected the reduction to be more around 45%.

Wish you luck!

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How the hell are you cutting a 1mg pill into 0.06 pieces?

More importantly, is it even working for your hair?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So then whats the point of microdosing besides saving money I guess?

I would go below 0.05 honestly.

Finasteride have a weaker response in the prostate, the liver, the brain, and the spine.

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Approximately 0.06mg a day gives you full inhibition in the skin and the blood."

Wait where did you get that from? Drake charts show full scalp dht inhibition but not full serum at 0.05.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Serum is not the same between 1mg and .005 mg. Its about a 15 percent difference. Im currently looking for studys to post in my thread so theres actual numbers to look at. But this thread is a good example of how low doses of finasteride can effect serum.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Approximately 0.06mg a day gives you full inhibition in the skin and the blood."

Wait where did you get that from? Drake charts show full scalp dht inhibition but not full serum at 0.05.

Inhibition is close to full at 0.05 mg, and full at 0.20 mg per day. So 0.06, as it makes sense the dose response curve would be linear in the dose-dependent regime.

Reactions: Alk

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
100pg/ml isnt so low, but acceptable for Finn. 400 some years ago, no way of knowing if Finn is responsible for all thecreduction. Are you trying to stop shedding or regrow? Im aiming for much lower levels than that, around 5mg a week (already a microdose in my book) was working but nowhere near being worth the trouble, so i started Dutt now, the more i read from people with Finn responses similar to mine the more im convinced that i need to inhibit both enzymes, a dht value of 100 is useless for so many of us regrowers, but could be enough to halt shedding if thats your goal? My bro failed after years of minidosing with Finn, he is now off everything. Good luck anyway.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Couldnt you really crush the pill into powder and just weight it out to get the dosing? Maybe not though I guess because mixing in ground up powder into water might not work the same as swallowing the whole pill. Id imagine water with finasteride mixed in does not absorb the same as swallowing part of the pill and letting it dissolve that way. I dont know, but getting tiny doses is pretty tough to do.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On 1mg finasteride i got 280pg where reference norm saying 250-1000. lol.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's fucked up are you taking brand name propecia?

Why fucked up. 1 year+ ago i had something like 600pg but i lost these papers somewhere. - ofcourse not on finasteride

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I just want to add some insight here. I find it incredible that some of you are microdosing finasteride with such a small dosage, why not just take the recommended 1mg a day? Secondly, finasteride inhibits Type 2 DHT which makes up about 60-70% of serum DHT. Therefore, it should lower your serum DHT by 60-70%. Obviously these percentages can vary a bit from person to person. The other DHT is Type 1 which is probably why @stachu has the DHT level of 280 after taking finasteride. Type 1 has negligible if any effect at all on male pattern baldness so don't worry about it. This is why you should not worry about your serum or scalp DHT levels. Some forms of DHT (the ones that finasteride doesn't block) will not cause hair loss.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I just want to add some insight here. I find it incredible that some of you are microdosing finasteride with such a small dosage, why not just take the recommended 1mg a day? Secondly, finasteride inhibits Type 2 DHT which makes up about 60-70% of serum DHT. Therefore, it should lower your serum DHT by 60-70%. Obviously these percentages can vary a bit from person to person. The other DHT is Type 1 which is probably why @stachu has the DHT level of 280 after taking finasteride. Type 1 has negligible if any effect at all on male pattern baldness so don't worry about it. This is why you should not worry about your serum or scalp DHT levels. Some forms of DHT (the ones that finasteride doesn't block) will not cause hair loss.

Finasteride has a flat response curve in the skin and in the blood.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that, but .06mg? Really? I find that hard to believe that will have any effect. Do you cut the pill into 20 pieces or something? I always thought that .2-5mg were about the same, but I would never take the minimum just in case. I like following the recommended dosage of 1mg.

Also, in the dosage study that I posted below it says .05 inhibits more than .2. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a typo. It would make way more sense for the .05 to actually be .5. I truly believe someone made a mistake even though that sounds pretty ridiculous lol. I would take greater than .2mg just to be sure.

images.jpeg