Results at 30-40+

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any guys had good success that are in late 30's early 40's on the big 3. Propecia tests seem to suggest effect is better the younger you are and top age 41 in the tests.

I've had different sides ...increase in libido and tiredness which would suggest something is different. I just hope the effects of finasteride can be the same in a positive way.

G

English had great success on Rogaine. Definitely no finasteride and pretty sure no nizoral. He's like late forties I think.

beaner

Reaction score
Nick4441 said:
Any guys had good success that are in late 30's early 40's on the big 3. Propecia tests seem to suggest effect is better the younger you are and top age 41 in the tests.

I've had different sides ...increase in libido and tiredness which would suggest something is different. I just hope the effects of finasteride can be the same in a positive way.

I didn't start finasteride until I was 36 almost 37....it's working well for me.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
37, some moderate regrowth and maintainence. finasteride/minoxidil

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was only on finasteride, now on the other two, and am 39. We'll see how it goes, only been less than a month so far.

poochy

Reaction score
I am 44, on the big 3 for almost a year and having some regrowth but at least maintaining what I already have.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

When do you think you got to maintenance stage after starting finasteride?

Do you experience much sides?

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am basically maintaining and getting thinner diffusely all over very slowly (getting worse up front) at 42 (thinning since 19) after being on minoxidil off an on since 1985 and finasteride for 7-8 years, nizoral for about 3 years and now just implemented folligen last month to see if can kick start some growth. Another potential problem is I use Couvre so have to apply it 10 minutes after minoxidil in morning (while still wet head) and many times do not apply at night due to mess over Couvre. Just wonder if the minoxidil application is as effective as it should be....

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
guys imho the age doesn't matter, your starting Norwood scale matters more.
if a guy had been Norwood 5 or 6 in twenties he won't have any chance gaining any hair back (case in point, yours truly).

if you start losing hair only in your forties and you are a nw2, you should get on finasteride and you are likely not to lose any more hair.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
techprof said:
guys imho the age doesn't matter, your starting Norwood scale matters more.
if a guy had been Norwood 5 or 6 in twenties he won't have any chance gaining any hair back (case in point, yours truly).

if you start losing hair only in your forties and you are a nw2, you should get on finasteride and you are likely not to lose any more hair.

Being a Norwood 2.5 in my mid twenties makes me wish I was dead. I can't imagine a Norwood 5 - 6.

Could you imagine taug a NW5? He would have gont balistic I think.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
world, mine was a sad case. I was a great responder for minoxidil. I went from Norwood 4 to 2 just using rogaine. But that was all false hopes. I wish I had known about finasteride or dutasteride when I was Norwood 3 or 4.

I recently had a hair transplant (June 2006) and my friend commented to me that (6.5 months after hair transplant) that I am getting thin on top. While my wife believes that I look better after 4000 grafts it is still a far cry. Hopefully my grafts will all kick in the next few months.

Life goes on.