Results After 3.5-4 Months

expli

Reaction score
I was desperate in October last year with my hair loss. Early 20s and a huge bald spot in the crown area was just not something I was ready to accept. With the help of this website and people on the forum here, I started this regimen:
1.25mg finasteride everyday
5% min - 1-2ml 2X/day
0.5% Zinc Pyrithione shampoo everyday

I started finasteride in the first week of Oct, and my shedding halted in the matter of days. Added the min a couple of weeks later, and I started regrowth that I couldn't even imagine. Here are some pictures taken over the last few months and before:

I also had very low density up front with a NW2.5-3-ish recession. The bald spot is practically gone now (at least compared to what it used to be), the density is much higher, and I am down to Norwood 1.5-2 now. The quality of my hair now is also amazing (less stringy and thicker) that what it used to be. I can actually grow my hair out to some extent now.

I consider my results quite phenomenal considering I've only been on it for less than 4 months. I intend to continue this treatment for a while, and can't imagine what results await me in the coming months :) . A big thanks to all the people in this community who helped.

Attachments

• DSC_1713.jpg
    DSC_1713.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 637
  • front-jun 10.jpg
    front-jun 10.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 717
  • DSC07743_cr.jpg
    DSC07743_cr.jpg
    877.6 KB · Views: 697
  • DSC07736.JPG
    DSC07736.JPG
    907.9 KB · Views: 582

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, even with the original out of focus picture of your crown I see a giant
improvement. I wish you continued success.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
huge success so far, even with the terrible photos. congrats man, keep at it :)

expli

Reaction score
Yeah, the photos from before suck. Unfortunately, that's all that I have that shows the extent of the damage. But thanks for the kind comments :)

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results. Make sure you don't quit the treatments. I have a question, when you started finasteride, your "shedding" stopped? Does that mean you say no hair loss while washing your hair and no hair on your pillow/bed when you woke up? thanks.

expli

Reaction score
PileOn said:
Great results. Make sure you don't quit the treatments. I have a question, when you started finasteride, your "shedding" stopped? Does that mean you say no hair loss while washing your hair and no hair on your pillow/bed when you woke up? thanks.

Running my hand through the hair, there would always be 5 or so stray hair that would come out. That stopped happening, and I find much much fewer hair on the pillow or in the bathtub. It's hard to say exactly when that started happening (should've kept better notes), but definitely withing 2-4 weeks of starting finasteride. I think the zinc pyrithione shampoo helped a lot with that also, but we all know how hard it is to isolate the results from the different things that we use. Hope this helps.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
What about that crown?? :woot: Wow, amazing regrowth. Hope you'll maintain your succes, and maybe regrow even more!

expli

Reaction score
So I added biotin, and the hair is growing out at a fantastic rate now. Still seeing consistent through less rapid improvement.
The one issue that I am facing is the non-uniformity of new hair around the frontal hairline. The temples have come forward significantly and so has the hair line up front , but the regrowth is week at the junction of the two and looks very spotty. To the outsider, it probably looks like I am thinning there strongly. This has left me with a seemingly higher Norwood compared to a couple of months ago, especially when I comb my hair back.
Any ideas or suggestions on how to deal with this? To be honest, this is almost an enjoyable problem to have compared to what I faced earlier :)

FC 

Reaction score
expli said:
So I added biotin, and the hair is growing out at a fantastic rate now. Still seeing consistent through less rapid improvement.
The one issue that I am facing is the non-uniformity of new hair around the frontal hairline. The temples have come forward significantly and so has the hair line up front , but the regrowth is week at the junction of the two and looks very spotty. To the outsider, it probably looks like I am thinning there strongly. This has left me with a seemingly higher Norwood compared to a couple of months ago, especially when I comb my hair back.
Any ideas or suggestions on how to deal with this? To be honest, this is almost an enjoyable problem to have compared to what I faced earlier :)

Comb your hair forward and give the treatments another year. Then get FUEs.

expli

Reaction score
n0rc said:
hi. any finasteride side effects encountered?

Very slight. The standard sides were more obvious when I first started, but I was pretty much back to normal in a few weeks. I am pretty sure they more psychological and less physiological.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
expli said:
n0rc said:
hi. any finasteride side effects encountered?

Very slight. The standard sides were more obvious when I first started, but I was pretty much back to normal in a few weeks. I am pretty sure they more psychological and less physiological.
i had pretty much the same. still early days (2 months in) but for about a week when i first started taking it, i got pretty nauseous sometimes, always either just before bed or just after ( can't remember, sorry =( )
i also had what i'm guessing would be the 'brain fog' thing, where it was really hard for me to get my head clear after i woke up. both of those cleared up very quickly though.