Restarting the battle, duta or finasteride + Dr. Pen microneedling

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, i've been on and off this forum since i was 20 years old. Now I'm 26.

I was using dutasteride for 4 years, until i decided that I didn't want to use the meds anymore, I tried to live more spiritually and I quit minoxidil and duta. I had an okay head of hair, but it still wasn't enough, I thought that since I didn't have a youthful density, I might as well opt for the more skinhead look. I was wrong.

The irony is that I shaved my head, and I find that I really don't like it, i just hate the fact that I'm a balding 26 year old, and I don't have an ideal face for the look, it just doesn't suit me.. I tried to wear it short for a year, but now it is getting to me again. I'm a vain artistic type, and I do music and paintings, I don't like the bald, buff thing, I want some hair. I realize I'm not that bad off in terms of head shapes, but I still have a very big forehead, and a headshape which just screams for some coverage.

The thing is, there is LOADS of difference between being able to sport a half inch buzzcut with some density (this looks good enough), rather than having a 2mm buzz with a NW6 outline and frizzy miniaturized follices (like I have right now). I was ungrateful for everything, now I just want some normal shitty hair, I don't expect a luscious mane.

So here we go again, f*****g hell. I'm popping my first capsule of duta, and I'm going to be using my Dr. Pen for microneedling once a week, maybe I'll get around to using some shallower depths on off days. I don't know.

Attached is my current baseline, what I'm hoping for is some decent regrowth so I can have some semblance of a haircut when it grows out to about half an inch.

Update: 1 months of treatment, hair grown out
Update 2 months of treatment, still growing out hair
Update 3 months

Attachments

• baseline.jpg
    baseline.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_20210322_213841.jpg
    IMG_20210322_213841.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_20210421_094203.jpg
    IMG_20210421_094203.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 311
  • 3 month.jpg
    3 month.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck! Why don’t you add minoxidil? This will increase the effects from microneedling.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was ungrateful for everything, now I just want some normal shitty hair, I don't expect a luscious mane.
I hope I never get to that point.

Respect for at least trying the spiritual lifestyle and Buzz. In my opinion I think most people on the street wouldn’t think you were balding by looking at that buzzcut, but if you don’t like it, good luck with the dutasteride/minoxidil gains.

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope I never get to that point.

Respect for at least trying the spiritual lifestyle and Buzz. In my opinion I think most people on the street wouldn’t think you were balding by looking at that buzzcut, but if you don’t like it, good luck with the dutasteride/minoxidil gains.
Yeah, i tried. But I'm young and vain. I just couldn't find peace with it.

My friends has occasionally commented on my balding, and I've gotten the occasional skinhead comment since I'm pretty muscular as well. I have no issues with women, but I got kind of a villain look going on when i have stubble, and I'd like to be prettier. A skinned head is just boring.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update: I decided to use minoxidil foam as well, once a day. I'm growing hair, srs.
Hey bro, can you post a picture of your hair right before you buzzed? I have a feeling you’ll make good gains so a comparison would be nice!

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey bro, can you post a picture of your hair right before you buzzed? I have a feeling you’ll make good gains so a comparison would be nice!
Hi, im sorry, this is how I've been wearing my hair for a year now. So the baseline is what I'm used to, in regards to hair length. I'll be growing it out now, and maybe start maintaining a buzz at 1 cm.

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
Update: 1 month into treatment. Dermapen, minoxidil, dutasteride 0,5 mg

Hair has grown from around 3mm to 1,5 cm. Looks okay at this length. Kind of obsessing a bit, so I will try to reduce the amount of checking.

Attachments

• IMG_20210322_213841.jpg
    IMG_20210322_213841.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 203

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil works well on diffuse thinners like us, check my story for some motivation =]

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
two months of growing out hair and needling, poppin pills and smearing minoxidil on that scalp.

Attachments

• IMG_20210421_094203.jpg
    IMG_20210421_094203.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 155

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil works well on diffuse thinners like us, check my story for some motivation =]
Yeah, im certain that I'm getting regrowth, even though im not bothering with buzzing. I had a shitload of small hairs, and now they all seem to be strengthening. Lots of sprouting near the hairline as well. Happy for this!

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
Cut my hair yesterday, a bit longer at the forelock, but still a lot shorter overall. Seeing regrowth:)! (especially when compared to the pic at 1 month.)

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you quit for? You might get it all back at this rate, you've made massive progress.

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
How long did you quit for? You might get it all back at this rate, you've made massive progress.
I was off everything for a year. Duta and minoxidil. Now Im needling once every 10 days and minoxidil ED, Duta EoD. Aye, Im hoping to get a somewhat full head of hair again

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, i've been on and off this forum since i was 20 years old. Now I'm 26.

I was using dutasteride for 4 years, until i decided that I didn't want to use the meds anymore, I tried to live more spiritually and I quit minoxidil and duta. I had an okay head of hair, but it still wasn't enough, I thought that since I didn't have a youthful density, I might as well opt for the more skinhead look. I was wrong.

The irony is that I shaved my head, and I find that I really don't like it, i just hate the fact that I'm a balding 26 year old, and I don't have an ideal face for the look, it just doesn't suit me.. I tried to wear it short for a year, but now it is getting to me again. I'm a vain artistic type, and I do music and paintings, I don't like the bald, buff thing, I want some hair. I realize I'm not that bad off in terms of head shapes, but I still have a very big forehead, and a headshape which just screams for some coverage.

The thing is, there is LOADS of difference between being able to sport a half inch buzzcut with some density (this looks good enough), rather than having a 2mm buzz with a NW6 outline and frizzy miniaturized follices (like I have right now). I was ungrateful for everything, now I just want some normal shitty hair, I don't expect a luscious mane.

So here we go again, f*****g hell. I'm popping my first capsule of duta, and I'm going to be using my Dr. Pen for microneedling once a week, maybe I'll get around to using some shallower depths on off days. I don't know.

Attached is my current baseline, what I'm hoping for is some decent regrowth so I can have some semblance of a haircut when it grows out to about half an inch.

Update: 1 months of treatment, hair grown out
Update 2 months of treatment, still growing out hair
Keep up the good fight

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
3 months progress now, getting comments about hair all the time. "Did you cut it etc, did you dye it etc."
As a bonus: A waitress left her number for me on the bill, ill meet her for swimming on wednesday. Haven't gotten this kind of female interest in a while. Might be the overall boost in mood and positivity i feel these days. Ironically, as soon as the hair started coming in i stopped frequenting this hellhole of a forum.

Attachments

• 3 month.jpg
    3 month.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 124

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 months progress now, getting comments about hair all the time. "Did you cut it etc, did you dye it etc."
As a bonus: A waitress left her number for me on the bill, ill meet her for swimming on wednesday. Haven't gotten this kind of female interest in a while. Might be the overall boost in mood and positivity i feel these days. Ironically, as soon as the hair started coming in i stopped frequenting this hellhole of a forum.
Looks good brother! Like I said, diffuse thinners respond well to min. Enjoy life now :)

NewHope

My Regimen
Reaction score

You used oral spirolatone in the past, correct?