Response timeline experience for the foam?

lazarus

Reaction score
I'm just trying to get some others experiences using Rogaine and the time it took to bring any results.

I'm at around 5 months and I can say that I've had zero results on it. I'm using it just on the temples and hairline, and would have figured that I would be a decent candidate given my age (27) and that most of my loss has been in the last few years.

I have been on Propecia already for 9 months and my response to it seemed to be slower than most (I didn't see a reduction in loss until about 6 months in), so I'm wondering if my response will be slower on Rogaine as well. I'm probably around a Norwood 2.5-3, although my hairline has never been better than what you would probably classify as a Norwood 2. My crown is still perfect, but my recession looks worse than most guys I see who are losing their crowns as well as receding.

So, have any of you guys had a slow response to the foam?

melky1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i've been on foam for nearly 6 months and things seem worse than before. BUT i'm going to go through the three bottles i've got left and then see where i'm at. the concensus seems to be that 9months-1yr is the minimum you should try for. big commitment.

sunnyone1

Reaction score
I'm on Rogaine foam since august 18. So far, only have increase in body hair. There might be some scalp regrowth, it's hard to tell at this point, but I'm always searching for it

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on foam 1x day since May 06, so 7 months in. I don't know for sure but it looks like I've had *little* improvement on the area I'm using it on. It definitely causes some unwanted hair growth on forehead (short colourless vellus hairs), and on eyebrows.

lazarus

Reaction score
I don't get any sides from it or from Propecia, and I'm taking brand name prescription stuff so I know it's legit.