Resistance to antiandrogens/5ar inhibitors/minoxidil

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you will just need to wait for things to stabilize and get a transplant. What pattern is your hair loss?
I had hair transplant done (hairline/temples) and my hairs are thinning behind transplanted hairs...

I started loosing nape, sides and back of hairs, my hairs are overally thinner. So I think Its male pattern baldness + possible DUPA kicks in or Its just NW7 pattern. I can clearly see a lot of miniaturized hairs in my donor area.

If it will be worse in few months I will try to remove my transplanted hairs with laser and get SMP done in FUE scars.

Ive been thinking about HRT, but Its not for me. I dont want to turn into female.

I will try with topical Melatonin + MSM aswell, Its cheap..

Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had hair transplant done (hairline/temples) and my hairs are thinning behind transplanted hairs...

I started loosing nape, sides and back of hairs, my hairs are overally thinner. So I think Its male pattern baldness + possible DUPA kicks in or Its just NW7 pattern. I can clearly see a lot of miniaturized hairs in my donor area.

If it will be worse in few months I will try to remove my transplanted hairs with laser and get SMP done in FUE scars.

Ive been thinking about HRT, but Its not for me. I dont want to turn into female.

I will try with topical Melatonin + MSM aswell, Its cheap..
Hopefully pyrilutamide is a good drug and can help save you. What do you think about hair systems?

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully pyrilutamide is a good drug and can help save you. What do you think about hair systems?
I think that hair system is great for someone who have strong sides and temple peaks. My temple peaks are thinning very fast and my sides/back of head nape hairs are thin so I think it wont look good and natural.

I dont believe in drugs anymore. I think it will be impossible to stop balding (especially this agressive one i mean NW7 pattern/DUPA etc.) Maybe in a hundred years

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know 2 folks who were also resistant to finasteride and dutasteride, they both tried low dose topical estriol (with no sides) and it's helping them both maintain for over 1.5 years now.

People often confuse estriol with full on HRT, it's not the same thing. I'd suggest doing some research and looking into it.

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know 2 folks who were also resistant to finasteride and dutasteride, they both tried low dose topical estriol (with no sides) and it's helping them both maintain for over 1.5 years now.

People often confuse estriol with full on HRT, it's not the same thing. I'd suggest doing some research and looking into it.
Low dose means how much estradiol?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what dose did they use? I've been doing research on e3 myself and I really dont understand why it isn't more widely used at low doses.

Results similar to finasteride or min and very low risk of anything in regards to feminization, with the most serious risk being gyno (but this can be avoided completely if you stop right away after nipple sensitivity). There was a trial done on this in the 70s where 7mg-14mg daily was used and most people got growth or maintenance, with only 1 person dropping the compound out of 60 due to breast tenderness. He never developed gyno after stopping.

Seems like it could be a valuable/cheap addition to people's stacks who are not getting maintenance from finasteride and is probably synergistic with finasteride on the scalp.

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
e3 not e2

still will possibly get gyno. low dose just takes longer. from my experience. early warning is when nipples start to feel chafed for no good reason.

2 others on here reported gyno from e3 also, and i repeated it 2 different ways just to be sure, because it did get rid of itch...

keep us posted on melatonin & msm pls... i'm on a similar journey...
Only way they got gyno is if they didnt stop when they got that early sign you mentioned. They must have used it for months after that.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
without getting technical about the definition of gyno e.g. broadening it to any type of breast change...

Thread to track my progress 2.0! | Page 2 | HairLossTalk Forums

the other one was somewhere in the mess of the hormonal route thread... but i'm just warning because areola enlargement ain't pretty on a guy either...

but hey if you've ran it to where it stopped shed/itch and nothing happened to your chest, more power to you i guess...
He literally didn't get actual gyno development, he got the warning signs and it went away after he stopped. I see why you dont want to get technical with the definition of gyno because you'd just be agreeing with people who say the risk is low lol

Gyno is the actual development of hard tissue in the breast. If you don't have hard tissue you don't have gyno.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what dose did they use? I've been doing research on e3 myself and I really dont understand why it isn't more widely used at low doses.

Results similar to finasteride or min and very low risk of anything in regards to feminization, with the most serious risk being gyno (but this can be avoided completely if you stop right away after nipple sensitivity). There was a trial done on this in the 70s where 7mg-14mg daily was used and most people got growth or maintenance, with only 1 person dropping the compound out of 60 due to breast tenderness. He never developed gyno after stopping.

Seems like it could be a valuable/cheap addition to people's stacks who are not getting maintenance from finasteride and is probably synergistic with finasteride on the scalp.

One uses 20mg twice a day.
The other uses 30mg once a day.

Calvino82

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking finasteride (tried propecia and generics) 1mg for over 5 years and also dutasteride (tried Avodart and generics) 0.5mg for 2 years, I have been using 2.5mg oral minoxidil (tried to drink Minoxidil and Loniten pills) for a year and ru58841 (from actifolic) for a month and topical Minoxidil 5% twice per Day for month.

Finasteride/Dutasteride are from pharmacy with prescription.

An interesting fact is that I dont have ANY side effects.

My hairs are still falling out (100-200 hairs per Day), im loosing ground.

I went from Norwood 0 to Norwood 3/4 in 10 years. I started taking drugs when I was Norwood 2.

Is there someone on this forum who also doesnt have any side effects and results with these drugs?

Hi dude, i just opened a thread with my experience in this same section. I am having a positive outcome by using Finasteride since more than 20 ys and did not experience any negative side effect. Not planning to leave the med anytime soon. Here is the link: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/20-years-with-finasteride-my-experience.135380/

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still loosing ground, still shedding. I added cyproterone acetate 12.5mg/Day. Lets see what happens If it wont help in 3 months,then I stop taking all medications. Currently 1 week on it, no side effects.

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still loosing ground, still shedding. I added cyproterone acetate 12.5mg/Day. Lets see what happens If it wont help in 3 monthsthen I stop taking all medications.

To sum up, my regime is:
- Finasteride 1mg/day
- Dutasteride 0.5mg/day
- 100mg RU58841/day
- 12.5mg Cyproterone Acetate/day
- Alpicort E 2ml/day
- Oral Minoxidil 5mg/day
- Topical Minoxidil 5% twice/day
- Oral melatonin 1mg/day + Topical Melatonin 0.1%/day
- Oral MSM 10g/day
- Dermarolling 1.5mm once/week

Zero side effects on it, all the medication from local pharmacy with prescription.

My hair loss pattern is male pattern baldness Norwood 3/4 + DUPA (thinning on the whole scalp + receeding temples)

Last edited:

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finally... my shedding has greatly reduced after almost 3 weeks on Cyproterone Acetate 12.5mg daily.

Im loosing like ~50-100 hairs instead of 300-500 but I dont see any regrowth.

My testosterone levels went down from VERY HIGH (above normal range) 43nmol/l to 5nmol/l

I also noticed less oily skin, no acne.

Last edited:

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My testosterone levels went down from VERY HIGH (above normal range) 43nmol/l to 5nmol/l
I would be careful, you may be sterilizing yourself quickly. Do your semen look differently?