Resistance to antiandrogens/5ar inhibitors/minoxidil

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only grandfather from mother side was bald. Norwood 6 at ~40 years old, Norwood 7 at 50-60-70

im scared that 2.5mg Dutasteride will increase my T more. My T is very high naturally
spironolactone

DavidsDome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I almost tried everything that exists.
Nothing ever gave real terminal regrowth.
finasteride ru and minoxidil gave some vellus.
After years of dutasteride and topical minoxidil use, i switched to oral minoxidil.
Im at about 12mg daily now.
It gave me new vellus till N0 on my left temple. Right side very little.
But nothing really terminal.
Bro, these things just barely maintain. That's reality sometimes....

DavidsDome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, my hair is pretty dry. No sides from dutasteride. I only noticed some gyno and maybe slightly lower libido from estradiol.
RU, finasteride, dutasteride, enzalutamide, valproic acid, estriol were all side effect free.

Georgi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok idk i have got greasy hair....makes me super unsecure since its not commen.....

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, my hair is pretty dry. No sides from dutasteride. I only noticed some gyno and maybe slightly lower libido from estradiol.
RU, finasteride, dutasteride, enzalutamide, valproic acid, estriol were all side effect free.
Same, no side effects from finasteride, dutasteride, RU, minoxidil oral/topical

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe Its worth to try low doses of CPA (12.5mg?) to nuke some androgens? It wont feminize us, the only risk is gynecomastia and reversible sterility.... but im a bit scared of brain tumors, Addison disease after withdrawal etc.

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe Its worth to try low doses of CPA (12.5mg?) to nuke some androgens? It wont feminize us, the only risk is gynecomastia and reversible sterility.... but im a bit scared of brain tumors, Addison disease after withdrawal etc.
Yeah I researched that and it’s not a route I’m willing to take right now as that path comes with the risk of pretty serious side effects. The tumour thing in particular is very scary. My goal is to just try and hold onto as much as I can until Kintor/Breezula or any future treatments come out as there’s some promising stuff in the future.

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I researched that and it’s not a route I’m willing to take right now as that path comes with the risk of pretty serious side effects. The tumour thing in particular is very scary.
I found that the Risk of brain tumor when you use 12.5mg ed for 1 year is 0.00023%

like 23 people / 100000

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found that the Risk of brain tumor when you use 12.5mg ed for 1 year is 0.00023%
I’m sure that’s true but that isn’t the only side effect. I haven’t researched all of the issues involved with using CPA in a long time but it creates lots of new issues. You can’t expect to alter hormones and not create new problems.

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sure that’s true but that isn’t the only side effect. I haven’t researched all of the issues involved with using CPA in a long time but it creates lots of new issues. You can’t expect to alter hormones and not create new problems.
Yeah.. I know that’s why Im scared too

Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
H
Upped my RU to 150mg daily I started taking Alpicort E aswell. After starting Alpicort my scalp itching is almost gone.. however my hairs falling out in the same rate... im loosing hope.

My current regime is:

Morning:
-5% Minoxidil topical + 0.5mg Dutasteride oral + 1mg finasteride oral + 2.5mg Minoxidil oral

Evening;
-3ml 5% RU58841 (150mg)
-5% Minoxidil topical
-2ml Alpicort E

Every week dermarolling 1.5mm
2xweek Nizoral shampoo

Still loosing ground...
How long have you been on each drug?

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Upped my RU to 150mg daily I started taking Alpicort E aswell. After starting Alpicort my scalp itching is almost gone.. however my hairs falling out in the same rate... im loosing hope.

My current regime is:

Morning:
-5% Minoxidil topical + 0.5mg Dutasteride oral + 1mg finasteride oral + 2.5mg Minoxidil oral

Evening;
-3ml 5% RU58841 (150mg)
-5% Minoxidil topical
-2ml Alpicort E

2xweek Nizoral shampoo

Still loosing ground...

Tried Estriol (E3)?

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

My current regime is:

Morning:

Evening;
-3ml 5% RU58841 (150mg)
-5% Minoxidil topical
-2ml Alpicort E

2xweek Nizoral shampoo

Still loosing ground...
Drop finasteride. It’s redundant. Up oral min to 5mg. Add oral MSM for shedding. At least 10 grams a day.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride 5 years
dutasteride 2 years
Oral min 1 year
Nizoral 1 year
RU 1.5 month
Topical min 1.5 month
Dermarolling 1.5 month
Alpicort 1 week
Well give the recent stuff about 6 months and then you can try something else. Not much more to try at this point though. Next steps could be something like topical bicalutamide, or pyrilutamide if it's available. I don't see CPA being useful topically as it could possibly lower scalp estrogen. Other than that you could try upping oral min a bit.

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well give the recent stuff about 6 months and then you can try something else. Not much more to try at this point though. Next steps could be something like topical bicalutamide, or pyrilutamide if it's available. I don't see CPA being useful topically as it could possibly lower scalp estrogen. Other than that you could try upping oral min a bit.
To be honest, Im loosing hope.. I think Its over for me.