Research Poll: Marijuana Sensitivity; Seeking Neuroscience Researchers For Volunteer Effort!

Do you find that your sensitivity to marijuana has increased as you grew out of your teenage years?

• I used to smoke frequently as a teen and stopped, in part because it affects me differently.

• I used to smoke infrequently as a teen and stopped, in part because it affects me differently.

• I am a balding male and feel that marijuana affects me the same now as it did when I was a teen.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jordan Lee Hess

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I am the primary investigator doing independent (non-funded) scholarly research on male pattern balding. I believe I may have made some progress on the problem which I have published to the non-profit page Amori Project. The post is shared below:

Admittedly this problem was quite difficult and frustrated the heck out of me. “If you are so intelligent/clever than why exactly have you failed to successfully regrow your hair?” I would often ask myself as a reminder to be humble. Well tonight I think I finally hammered it out and granted I need the money, lord knows I need the money, I am simply fatigued out the wahoo & am not going to let greed (should I fall over dead) restrain the World from enjoying what I have labored for. I suppose intellectual copyright’s are in-order anyhow. Basic model (many modulators/co-factors though we will attempt to avoid such entities for the time being!):

Overview: AR receptors in area where hair loss is experienced are not properly down regulated consequent to deficiency in beta-arrestin2.

This is evidenced by normal T/DHT levels yet up-regulated density of AR receptors. These receptors are found alongside Estrogen Receptors (ER).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11593618

The Complex Shown Below is likely not complete which may be irrelevant though the function is as follows: is responsible for AR motility.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21730065
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25884570

AR mRNA are interacting with CXCR7 as indicated

\\

IL-8 upregulates CXCR7 === CXCR7/CXCR4 heterodimer with CXCR7 primary

(IL-8 article) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2241638/

\\

complex recuits beta-arrestin2 to enhance cell migration

Key study:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2751575/
Permitting in-clinic evaluation for deficiency of beta-arrestin2.
While also here a follow-up type study yielded NOT beta-arrestin1 by same arguement.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25779032

Related but not yet incorporated. Key point is that b-arrestin2 impacts Thyroid hormones providing an explanation for why modulating Thyroid hormones could positively impact balding persons.

If I made many/any mistakes I do sincerely apologize. But heck yeah anyhow. Think I gotz it
Primary concern being inability of model to account for 2017 research though notably will likely follow as secondary aspect “making final is dead” wrt to the hair cell. I wonder if there exist a trivial way to reverse this as should be made a point, what has been proposed if effective, will only restore hair cells with life left in them. Accounts for 2016 research.

2nd half of research tying into this which basically is consequent to increased inflammation due to the issue of disregulation of AR motility.

http://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/18/2/316/htm

If the treatment proves not entirely effective in arresting the progression of the disease, then consider oral supplementation with Vit-E. Has to do with a GCLM subunit deficiency. In other words I have another model which coupled with this model should tell all.

Cheers.
#AmoriProject

This stands as my 2nd official open research project. Asking for any contributions to be posted below in this thread. Please take the poll and be sure to comment any specifics you feel are relevant! Thank you

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what we are reduced to, f*****g laboratory rats answering polls, except that most of treatments don't work on us

thisis

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster.
This is really intersting research, thank you for sharing.
I wish I could answer the survery, but I didn't use recreational stuff in teenage years, so don't have something to compare it to. However when I use small amount of weed currently at 27, I feel my thoughts emotoinally, just like I was in teenage years, sober.

I can confirm marjuanna(that is the green stuff, weed?) affect me differently than my friends at age 23.

I take one small barely 1x1mm and the effect lasts strongly(Enough to make me borderline confused, thoughts come to life) all night, and for the week after I feel the effect low grade by being more engaged socially, I used it to improve my focus and social engagement for months time. I though I had anxiety, OCD, derealization, autism, depression since the effect was so weird, and no one in my social circle had similar effects.

Here's the thing: I used weed, hash and a cigarrette one time during teenage years, small amount again, and felt absolutely nothing. I had a suspicion my breathing was wrong(chest breathing, hyperventilation) and that caused it.

At age 20(some months after hair loss started) I tried Snus, which was first time I felt nicotine high, and it hit me like a truck, but that might be irrelevant.

Hope it's useful. So if there is truth to this, can B-arrestin2 be stabilized or similar? Thank you.

EDIT: I chose nr2, hope that don't mess up the survey, I guess you can argue I fall in that bracket.

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The relationship between marijuana and hairloss would be massively complicated by the fact that men with hairloss on these forums have anxiety about their hair loss, and marijuana can cause an increase in anxiety.

br1

Reaction score
and for at least a decade longer than I do..

maybe I should start smoking more..

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even homeless people have better hair than i do, maybe i should start living in the street

br1

Reaction score
The relationship between marijuana and hairloss would be massively complicated by the fact that men with hairloss on these forums have anxiety about their hair loss, and marijuana can cause an increase in anxiety.

it can also be used to TREAT anxiety. It depends on the THC level, its ratio to CBD, how much you had in a session, etc..

Jordan Lee Hess

My Regimen
Reaction score
Duly noted. Indeed when I said Permitting in-clinic evaluation what I had in mind was a pin-prick type allergy response test if proves possible.

Jordan Lee Hess

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will have to post a new poll at some point as the poll does not consider potential confounding variables such as degree of loss, approximate age loss began, as well as the last option
I am a balding male and feel that marijuana affects me the same now as it did when I was a teen.
Does not address whether or not the amount that needs to be smoked has decreased. Of course, the material need also be further developed as surely will be.
Oh... and the most recent development!

Regarding Hair Loss: Today it dawned on me that the beta-arrestin2 deficiency conjectured to be responsible may have provided immunity to the black plague. If you would investigate this please do so & post your results to this page. As a reminder, any paper published will be done so with Amori Project as the author. Any contributors will be listed on the page as a research associate (Team Member) as well as in the Acknowledgements section as a contributor! Cheers.

Intending on letting others take a wack at this discovery process I have become so successful at. Cheers.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So ? That's why you can't take jokes ? Need to relax here buddy

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And for your research, yeah i used to be a heavy pot smoker for more than 10 years, and spotted due to anxiety, could not tolerate the product anymore