Reporting my story as a 16/17 year old on dutasteride

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
You're on dutasteride at 16? You'll have some development problems by 30. Youre not even close to being done developing and you need at least some DHT to develop. finasteride is a stretch.

erika123

Reaction score
Hmm, are you serious? I wish I had your hair to be honest

Misanthrope

Reaction score
What doctor would prescribe propecia or dutasteride to a 16 year old? I'm convinced that 95% of doctors are complete morons. This doctor should have his license revoked.

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
OP perhaps that is just your hairline - my mum and grandad had the exact same hairline (a true widows peak) where the hairline isnt perfectly straght

I'm a NW3 so I'm always critical of peoples hairline and I usually notice even slight recession and if I saw a picture of your hairline I would assume 0 recession what so ever

go enjoy life man :)

Same, He has a perfect hairline, No recession at all and I am A nor wood spotter

- - - Updated - - -

You have to be retarded to deny there is quite a lot of hairloss in the pictures

There isn't You have BDD, Nothing wrong with your hairline AT ALL. And you are not even thinning. I have thinning hair so I know what it looks like. You do not

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Same, He has a perfect hairline, No recession at all and I am A nor wood spotter

- - - Updated - - -

There isn't You have BDD, Nothing wrong with your hairline AT ALL. And you are not even thinning. I have thinning hair so I know what it looks like. You do not

You must be bald beyond the point of being able to hide it. My hairloss has gotten worse since the time I made this thread.

laurent85

Reaction score
I don't think hair is worth taking health risks for and especially at your age. I think if this is true your parents should've stoped you from using dutasteride.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
90% of posters are so dumb seriously. The average Joe gets on the internet and reads a view articles maybe a few post and starts to act like they are an expert making super bold claims like "anyone under 18 should not be doing this"

You morons do realize people mature at different rates right? There is no set timeline that once you pass 18 you are done growing and only then should you start finasteride. Some of you guys are so closed minded

throwaway448

Reaction score
I'm not calling you or anyone else stupid, but I first started to notice what I'm sure is male pattern baldness around your age, read into finasteride then and was quickly scared off. 8 or 9 years later I still have hair (thankfully) and STILL have a very hard time considering getting on finasteride, and I'm well out of puberty. Just my two cents.

Hormonal treatment for prostate cancer makes a lot of sense, otherwise, it's really worth considering the reported side effects and making an informed decision.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
go see a dermatologist before you mess yourself up... !

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
I was using finasteride for two weeks and experienced sides, watery semen, weak erections, less morning wood + gyno. If it wasn't for Gyno I would probably still be using finasteride, but the fear was too great of actually developing tits... I'm not even 100% sure though it was happening.
As quantum Cat said you could be doing permanent, serious damage to your health...so I advice to stop.
Hell it will be interesting to see how it effets you.

Gyno after two weeks... That sounds unlikely.

If you want to take finasteride, why not just reduce the dose or stop and start again?

Robert11

Reaction score
Man to be honest you are not that bad to take drugs this young. I dont see any balding actually.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I an idiot for not seeing any hairloss? I think being on dutasteride on that age is a very poor choice, but I wish you the best.

nate30

Reaction score
Please, for the love of god, drop the Dutasteride. dutasteride is a nasty drug at any age, but taking it while you could still be going through puberty is MADNESS. You NEED to find a competent doctor who can refer you to an Endo to check you out. I don't mean to scare you but this is serious business. Losing hair is difficult but it's not worth PERMANENTLY jeopardizing your sexual health. I know that hairloss at your age literally seems like the end of the world, but please believe me that it's not. You'll be able to cope as you get older. But you need to get off the Dutasteride.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
You need high dose oral cyproterone acetate and oral spironolactone. dutasteride at 16 with your extensive hairloss just ain't gonna cut it brah.