Reporting my story as a 16/17 year old on dutasteride

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude you're only 17, doing serious damage to your whole body lol.
Is only hair you really care about?

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude you're only 17, doing serious damage to your whole body lol.
Is only hair you really care about?

dong serious damage would be me using heroin and cocaine. People manipulate their hormones quite often and dutasteride just has a bad name attached to it. Look at guys like arnold and other bodybuilders who have used steroids since they were 16 and theyre all fine. Me inhibiting DHT which is not an essential hormone is not serious damage. Losing my hair would kill me mentally and I'm willing to risk the side effects.

EDIT: just saw your regiment is shampoo. LOL. Good luck fighting your hairloss. People who are not willing to risk side effects will lose their hair

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
. Me inhibiting DHT which is not an essential hormone

it is in young developing men (dutasteride inhibits all Type I & Type II 5ar), and you would still fall into that category at your age. Unless you got approval from a qualified doctor, I would stop using it. Most responsible doctors wouldn't approve finasteride for someone your age, let-alone dutasteride.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but the risk of permanent, serious, and irreversible damage to your health is too great IMO.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was using finasteride for two weeks and experienced sides, watery semen, weak erections, less morning wood + gyno. If it wasn't for Gyno I would probably still be using finasteride, but the fear was too great of actually developing tits... I'm not even 100% sure though it was happening.
As quantum Cat said you could be doing permanent, serious damage to your health...so I advice to stop.
Hell it will be interesting to see how it effets you.

Ryath

Reaction score
Then you wasted 4 months... 4 months is nothing (the thinning 4 months in is caused by DHT miniaturizing the hair before you even started finasteride)

Plus you'll never know if finasteride worked for you or not. And starting dutasteride at age 16 is way more harsh then starting finasteride at age 16 imo.

Nevertheless stay constant with dutasteride now and i'm sure you'll get solid regrowth

wrong finaste rinde has the same mechanismn than dudasteride the efect actually overlaps so no wasting time in here you should give finasteride or dudasteride more time 5 months is too little

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
it is in young developing men (dutasteride inhibits all Type I & Type II 5ar), and you would still fall into that category at your age. Unless you got approval from a qualified doctor, I would stop using it. Most responsible doctors wouldn't approve finasteride for someone your age, let-alone dutasteride.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but the risk of permanent, serious, and irreversible damage to your health is too great IMO.

I was using finasteride for two weeks and experienced sides, watery semen, weak erections, less morning wood + gyno. If it wasn't for Gyno I would probably still be using finasteride, but the fear was too great of actually developing tits... I'm not even 100% sure though it was happening.
As quantum Cat said you could be doing permanent, serious damage to your health...so I advice to stop.
Hell it will be interesting to see how it effets you.

Well thanks for looking out for me, but im not gonna stop.

hindmarsh89

Reaction score
Give dutasteride a year and then if its not working add minoxidil , I've been on finasteride and minoxidil just over 7 month and didn't see much change the first 5 or so month its only now my hairs really thickening back up. Try giving each thing time to work it might get worse before it gets better or take 12 month+ but at least your not throwing everything you possibly can at your hair loss, I say this because over time the body builds up a tolerance to drugs and what might work for you now in 5 year might start losing its effect and hairloss will resume and you have nothing left to add to your regimen to combat it.

prettydamnbald

Reaction score
I agree with some of the posters above. You are too young to be self-medicating with stuff like finasteride and dutasteride. I'd suggest that you talk to your doctor and seek advice there. At the minimum you need him to be aware and to monitor you.

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
Stop it now. DHT is more important than testosterone at your age. It is highly related to GH activity and both are needed to tissues development: you will look like a kid forever. Shorter, muscleless and probably impotent. If I could talk to my 20 yo self I would encourage to stop it, I have done a lot of damage to my body and it is not sure I will recover fully (and I was 3 years older than you). DHT deprivation is very dangerous at younger ages. I also started for kind of vanity like you, you are not balding yet. If I were you I would stop, go to an andrologist-endocrinologist tell your story, ask for help so as to reverse damage. And please, you have born in good times, wait for better treatments to come. When you were 25 yo there will be safer solutions.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Not looking good bros! I feel absolutely terrible today
Looked at my hair and more scap was visible than ever. I don't see light at the end of this tunnel. Will try ru soon maybe that can help but other than that I am hopeless which is the worst feeling in the world

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not looking good bros! I feel absolutely terrible today
Looked at my hair and more scap was visible than ever. I don't see light at the end of this tunnel. Will try ru soon maybe that can help but other than that I am hopeless which is the worst feeling in the world

Gotta give it some time everyone always says it gets worse before it gets better and I know you know your balding because you know yourself, but just looking at your pictures i would never think you were.

littletalks01

Reaction score
Your hair looks 10x better in your most recent pictures than when you started.
That said, It wasn't horrible or anything in the first place.

If it's working, which it looks like it is, keep it up.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks 10x better in your most recent pictures than when you started.
That said, It wasn't horrible or anything in the first place.

If it's working, which it looks like it is, keep it up.

lol what are you talking about. there is more recession and thinning everywhere.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
how do you post thumbnails? i know it has nothing to do with your story i am sorry I'm just curious

do it like that ^

Anon587

Reaction score
OP perhaps that is just your hairline - my mum and grandad had the exact same hairline (a true widows peak) where the hairline isnt perfectly straght

I'm a NW3 so I'm always critical of peoples hairline and I usually notice even slight recession and if I saw a picture of your hairline I would assume 0 recession what so ever

go enjoy life man :)

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude you are insane. Your "balding" is minimal and you are SIXTEEN YEARS OLD. Jesus christ. dutasteride and spironolactone already?? You are seriously going to mess yourself up. If this is your reaction at this stage of "balding" I wish you best of luck in 3-4 years.

Christ, some people.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
OP perhaps that is just your hairline - my mum and grandad had the exact same hairline (a true widows peak) where the hairline isnt perfectly straght

I'm a NW3 so I'm always critical of peoples hairline and I usually notice even slight recession and if I saw a picture of your hairline I would assume 0 recession what so ever

go enjoy life man :)

My hairline was almost completely straight back in the day