Replicel Update - Oct. 22, 2014 Presentation

freeflow

Reaction score
hehe, i think at least this money gaining option can be the good side of this course... and maybe if not the hairloss project, lets say they get the chronic tendinosis, i can still double the money hopefully

but it seems you dont have that much trust in them guys?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
hehe, i think at least this money gaining option can be the good side of this course... and maybe if not the hairloss project, lets say they get the chronic tendinosis, i can still double the money hopefully

but it seems you dont have that much trust in them guys?

Give it time... you'll see eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;oKRwlNuDMU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRwlNuDMU0[/video]

Tsuji Takashi is featured throughout the video. If anyone speaks Japanese, please translate the important bits! Thanks.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'll give a rough summary:
- they state there's a new solution to hair loss
- they explain the role of the dermal papilla
- they explain the whole hair cycle and miniaturization process, including weaker regrowth in following cycles after balding kicks in
- they proceed to give some details of RepliCel's RCH-01 procedure, most of which is known (the only new thing for me was the manual separation of DSC cells)
- they state that it is a full cure
- the part I am not entirely sure about: either first treatments will be available in 8 years, or in 2018. Two or three sentences later they say something about "in 8 years" which I don't fully understand. I'm pretty sure they say they aim for first treatment availability to patients in 2018.
- they state that the treatment site needs to cooperate with a cell multiplication facility
- new hairs generated by RepliCel's method will be less prone to balding, i.e. will be much more resistant
- the second part of the video speaks a lot about molecule interaction and my japanese isn't good enough to understand that

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
Give it time... you'll see eventually.

Hell do you not think Replicell is capable of what they're claiming? I know lauster seems like the for sure cure, but what is your holdup with Replicell?

Bentj do you think it sounds like it has a chance to be the cure?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bentj do you think it sounds like it has a chance to be the cure?
Yes, definitely. They can theoretically achieve full restoration of damaged follicles and, given high enough concentration, even formation of new papillae.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRwlNuDMU0

Tsuji Takashi is featured throughout the video. If anyone speaks Japanese, please translate the important bits! Thanks.

Part Two is posted as well:

[video=youtube;-p0Hvrx093I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0Hvrx093I[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

I'll give a rough summary:
- they state there's a new solution to hair loss
- they explain the role of the dermal papilla
- they explain the whole hair cycle and miniaturization process, including weaker regrowth in following cycles after balding kicks in
- they proceed to give some details of RepliCel's RCH-01 procedure, most of which is known (the only new thing for me was the manual separation of DSC cells)
- they state that it is a full cure
- the part I am not entirely sure about: either first treatments will be available in 8 years, or in 2018. Two or three sentences later they say something about "in 8 years" which I don't fully understand. I'm pretty sure they say they aim for first treatment availability to patients in 2018.
- they state that the treatment site needs to cooperate with a cell multiplication facility
- new hairs generated by RepliCel's method will be less prone to balding, i.e. will be much more resistant
- the second part of the video speaks a lot about molecule interaction and my japanese isn't good enough to understand that

Thank you.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow this sounds great...--
Everything sounds nice in theory, but in practise is really different. A lot of companies promise cure for male pattern baldness, but in the end most of them failed We are community that wants to see results not only theory videos how good is this treatment. Till then i am skeptical about everything.

what

Established Member
Reaction score
Everything sounds nice in theory, but in practise is really different. A lot of companies promise cure for male pattern baldness, but in the end most of them failed We are community that wants to see results not only theory videos how good is this treatment. Till then i am skeptical about everything.

Yeah, to me this sounds like typical media/corporate hype. Replicel did something similar using a stock analyst back when they were coming up to the release date for their trial results from phase I. They paid some very excitable, soft in the middle, stock analyst type to rant and rave how great it was going to be and even used the word cure multiple times. Unfortunately, the reality was ~6% terminal hair growth. The air came out of that balloon in quite a hurry and the stock plummeted from over 2.50$ down to 40 cents, where it's resided ever since.

I believe what we're seeing here is Shisaedo's (sp?) version of this.

I'll get excited when i see a result that tops minoxidil. If they can't top 20-25% regrowth (actual terminal hair, none of this vellus bs which they used to pump up their efficacy numbers from phase I), then there might be cause to celebrate. If they can't beat those numbers, i'd have a hard time believing people will pay up big money for a procedure that's not as good as a 15$ bottle of foam which does nothing to change your appearance.

Get these F'ng trials started already!

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
Everyone has their own opinions, but in my honest and humble opinion, there will be a cure and this is it.

I say this because Glaxo is working in conjunction with UNC Chapel Hill to cure AIDS. Who would have thought AIDS could be curable. Glaxo CEO said, "A cure has become a potentially realistic goal in the past three or four years."

I believe this will be the cure for male pattern baldness and I believe it will be commercialized in Japan between 2018-2019.

KiNGTyreZe

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone has their own opinions, but in my honest and humble opinion, there will be a cure and this is it.

I say this because Glaxo is working in conjunction with UNC Chapel Hill to cure AIDS. Who would have thought AIDS could be curable. Glaxo CEO said, "A cure has become a potentially realistic goal in the past three or four years."

I believe this will be the cure for male pattern baldness and I believe it will be commercialized in Japan between 2018-2019.

We need it now.

God damn.