Replicel Presentation in Toronto, Jan 29th 2016 - Japan Regenerative Medicine Market

Qub1

Reaction score
Probably because, even though they've been giving us pretty regular updates, they haven't actually shown any significant progress, just promises which as of yet haven't come true. I believe they could bring something good to the market, but so far they've experienced quite a few issues and stakeholders usually don't like that kind of stuff.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks, hope they at least get to start before the half of this year. Let these guys pull of something miraculously please:notworthy.

Agreed. Replicel said in one of the Hellouser interviews that since all the cell-based regulations in Japan are new there is some confusion between what needs to be done to start trials that's why there's been a delay but it didn't sound like anything too serious. They said by the end of Q1 but I would be cautious like you and say before the mid-point of the year.

On another note, it seems that most people on the forum believe Replicel's treatment is only based on maintenance but their website and Hellouser both say they're aiming for regrowth (hopefully significant) as well.

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since they (Shiseido) built facilities to handle trials/production etc specifically for RCH-01 it is encouraging.

But it seems they are always delayed compared to statements RepliCel does. I understand that projects and research can face hurdles so things are delayed. I'm not complaining that they are taking long time, but I wouldn't count on trials starting end of Q1, not necessarily in Q2 either.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know, for a while now, they've been persistently ignoring all questions related to their hair loss treatment on their fb page.
Hope it doesn't mean anything. Though with that big stock drop I can't help but worry like crazy.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know, for a while now, they've been persistently ignoring all questions related to their hair loss treatment on their fb page.
Hope it doesn't mean anything. Though with that big stock drop I can't help but worry like crazy.

Unless it's been insider selling, I don't think there should be anything to worry about. The market is often wrong, and Replicel doesn't get tons of coverage.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless it's been insider selling, I don't think there should be anything to worry about. The market is often wrong, and Replicel doesn't get tons of coverage.

Hair loss itself doesn't get much coverage. Seems like the most attention towards any health issue has been towards breast cancer. I see 'pink branding' everywhere, from alcohol to tic tacs. Even the NFL has a hard on for breast cancer... but men's health is largely ignored. Now think about how little attention hair loss gets.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
Hair loss itself doesn't get much coverage. Seems like the most attention towards any health issue has been towards breast cancer. I see 'pink branding' everywhere, from alcohol to tic tacs. Even the NFL has a hard on for breast cancer... but men's health is largely ignored. Now think about how little attention hair loss gets.

Obviously nobody can have a definitive answer, but I thought that I read somewhere a few weeks ago on here that you think it could very well taken 10 more years for a cure to come... Like you said replicell is out to make a cure, and they hope to release a product in just a couple more years... You've been closer in discussions with them than any of us, so what's your take? Do you think they have the cure, or do you think they're aderans?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously nobody can have a definitive answer, but I thought that I read somewhere a few weeks ago on here that you think it could very well taken 10 more years for a cure to come... Like you said replicell is out to make a cure, and they hope to release a product in just a couple more years... You've been closer in discussions with them than any of us, so what's your take? Do you think they have the cure, or do you think they're aderans?

Well, I've said it before but like this;

If the science is true (as it should be), then it should be a cure. I've asked Dr. Claire Higgins for her take on the method, and she said Replicel's method should theoretically work. We can really only go by that information. Everything else is speculation.

I think Replicel's got a really good shot at coming out with a treatment in Japan in a couple of years... that is of course, if things go 'smoothly' with approvals by Japans regulating body. Fingers crossed, of course.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score

If the science is true (as it should be), then it should be a cure. I've asked Dr. Claire Higgins for her take on the method, and she said Replicel's method should theoretically work. We can really only go by that information. Everything else is speculation.

I think Replicel's got a really good shot at coming out with a treatment in Japan in a couple of years... that is of course, if things go 'smoothly' with approvals by Japans regulating body. Fingers crossed, of course.

Hey Hellouser,

Can you just confirm for everyone that Replicel is aimed at maintenance AND regrowth? I'm 99% sure you mentioned this before and their website mentions it but I think it's good for everyone to see it because most people think they're going after maintenance only - plus it'll make me feel better to read it again lol.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score

Yeah I think we all hope for something definitive, but that information just isn't available yet... Thanks for the explanation though, I was just interested in your opinion based on the info you've been able to obtain!

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Based on the results they publicized years ago I don't understand why we even waste time talking about Replicel. I think they're a stock-hype scam and I think investors are starting to figure that out so they are starting to unload the stock. I think that's why their stock is crashing down.
TIMBER!!

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Based on the results they publicized years ago I don't understand why we even waste time talking about Replicel. I think they're a stock-hype scam and I think investors are starting to figure that out so they are starting to unload the stock. I think that's why their stock is crashing down.
TIMBER!!

I wasn't around then years ago but to my knowledge they only released results after 6 months..? Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that. Hellouser posted a theory on the other forum where he speculated that similar to a newborn taking years to grow hair, the same could be true for Replicel's treatment. Not sure if he still believes that or if he managed to ask them that though...

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm losing faith in replicel. Lee said their trials were supposed to begin "very soon." This was in October of 2015. To my know knowledge they have yet to begin trials.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm losing faith in replicel. Lee said their trials were supposed to begin "very soon." This was in October of 2015. To my know knowledge they have yet to begin trials.

Just because they haven't announced anything doesn't mean they haven't begun. The lack of transparency is surprising nonetheless considering how active their Twitter is.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
TIMBER!!

Honestly with all the positivity going around lately it's refreshing to hear some doom and gloom... Thanks bro...

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly with all the positivity going around lately it's refreshing to hear some doom and gloom... Thanks bro...

At least we still have all the saw palmetto salesmen.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
TIMBER!!

Sheseido believes in them. I think the scientists and researchers there would be more of an accurate assessment of if they have something or not. Ppl who bought their stock could just be very emotional and frustrated but, a biotech cant just post results when ever u want. Theres a protocol they have to follow, and im sure people shorting their stock may have just been looking for a quick pay day which they are not going to get.