Replicel News: Replicel Reignites Its First-in-japan Strategy

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Company, working with industry leaders, CJ PARTNERS, have initiated a program in Japan to realize its goal of launching its cell therapy products in Japan sooner than would be possible anywhere else in the world. Because of this unique opportunity, the Company’s next-phase trials will be conducted in Japan.

Looks like no news from Shiseido so Replicel is planning its own trials in japan.

The article from Replicel: https://replicel.com/news/replicel-reignites-its-first-in-japan-strategy

Commence with the bitching!

Last edited:

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
While the Company’s RCH-01 for hair loss due to androgenic alopecia may be launched in Japan much earlier if Shiseido decides to do so, current planning anticipates the potential for all four products to be on the market in Japan by 2022.

I'm guessing 'much earlier' means that it could be sooner than 2022, no ?

Further on, it says:

The market is now keenly watching Shiseido Company, RepliCel’s licensee of the product for Asia, for any signal regarding its launch of that product in Japan.

I'm guessing RCH-01 could possibly be launched in Japan anytime between now and 2022, then?

Last edited:

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like no news from Shiseido so Replicel is planning its own trials in japan.

The article from Replicel: https://replicel.com/news/replicel-reignites-its-first-in-japan-strategy

Commence with the bitching!

Why would we b**ch about this?

"Looks like no news from Shiseido so Replicel is planning its own trials in japan."

That's not at all what the article implies. Replicel has other cell-based projects that the article was probably talking about. The article even mentioned several times Shisiedo and RCH-01

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm guessing 'much earlier' means that it could be sooner than 2022, no ?

Further on, it says:

I'm guessing RCH-01 could possibly be launched in Japan anytime between now and 2022, then?

Lol, this f*****g Replicel has been bragging about RCH-01 to be release in 2018 since 2015.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I expect them to say something about it at the hairloss congress next month, sometime around that. their talk will be about clinical application so honestly, if they decided to stamp this thing into the ground, why would they talk about clinical application. the researchers at sheisdo, which was originally focused on hair products anyway are working on other projects of stem cell hair loss treatments as well, my guess it they will actually release rich-01 by 2020/2021 and then continue to work on improving it during the next years or so.

My thinking is: Why would Replicel start phase 2 trials to get it released in japan if Shiseido was a competitor?

REPLICEL said:
Shiseido has an exclusive marketing license to the product for certain Asian countries under a License and Co-development Agreement signed by the parties in 2013.

Also the Replicel deal had Shiseido getting an exclusive marketing license to certain asian countries. Maybe that license doesn't include Japan?

Source: https://www.replicel.com/news/repli...hiseido-license-and-co-development-for-rch-01

or maybe they drop it completely but I honestly don't think so, maybe im too optimistic but thats not too much to ask for in the first place I think

I have no issue with optimism. I'm not here to whine about no cure coming for 20 years. Be optimistic all you want. I just don't think Shiseido is bringing RCH-01 to market. Hopefully Replicel can get it done. If Shiseido and Replicel solve their Spat and Shiseido releases it in 2020 well that's just ducky.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think replicel is starting their own trial in japan at all. they are planning to start one phase 2 trial in europe in 2021 because they need entirely different trial to emerge not he european market and in the US. that doesn't mean the sheisdo trial won't be enough for the japanese market. I can't find anywhere where they talk about starting their own trial for rch-01 in japan, wouldn't make sense anyway. I don't see why sheisdo wouldn't release if they data was good. and if it wasn't then this is a blow anyway(but don't think so because the trial one data wasn't even THAT bad) and they said there was room for improvement, plus they give the talk next month

While the Company’s RCH-01 for hair loss due to androgenic alopecia may be launched in Japan much earlier if Shiseido decides to do so, current planning anticipates the potential for all four products to be on the market in Japan by 2022.

It is badly worded but this sounds like even without Shiseido coming through they have a plan to get all products potentially to market by 2022.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is badly worded but this sounds like even without Shiseido coming through they have a plan to get all products potentially to market by 2022.
Replicel is not allowed to market rch-01 in japan. That is a fact!

What replicel is basically saying is that they hope all 4 treatments will be available in japan by 2022. But they can t impact the release of rch-01. They just estimate that till 2022 rch-01 will have been launched by shiseido which does not sound unrelistic.