Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

jazz1

Reaction score
I don’t think they are Bugged, they are waiting for the clinical trial results correct?

doflamingo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
nobody gives a sh*t about their plastic "injector" lol are they for real with pushing that crap ? where's the real treatment

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
well it is for the 3 of their treatments, so makes sense to have focus on it.
they are not capable of getting those treatments through trials and lack a big portion of money. without those the plastic crap is nothing, even with them it's nothing. talking about news in 12-24 months, plus trials and so on it would take years to get something to the market, but doubt that it's even possible. Shiseido seems like giving up the treatment and using it's own research and that's all that Replicel had...

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they are not capable of getting those treatments through trials and lack a big portion of money. without those the plastic crap is nothing, even with them it's nothing. talking about news in 12-24 months, plus trials and so on it would take years to get something to the market, but doubt that it's even possible. Shiseido seems like giving up the treatment and using it's own research and that's all that Replicel had...

The Injector is a cornerstone in their strategy.

So if they can't get that to the market, then they have a hard time with their treatments.

So the injector is everything for the company, also its a product that they will be able to sell and show that it can be used for different kind of treatments and its a tool for research also. So it can do a lot for them.

Even if shiseido gives up, Replicel still have their own RCH-01 trail they want to do without shiseido outside of asia (which always have been the plan), where again the injector is a vital part for that research.

But many things have been shifted because of corona, so i don't get the moaning about the timeline.

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This company is so fucked lol. Shareholders are bugging out. Complete bust.

I'm not sure the company is a total bust yet. I do believe their hair loss treatment is a bust (because they did not solve the inductivity problem) but I think that their dermal injector might be a breakthrough for people injecting topical treatments. It might make it easier for doctors to apply injected hair loss treatments in their offices. We shall see.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure the company is a total bust yet. I do believe their hair loss treatment is a bust (because they did not solve the inductivity problem) but I think that their dermal injector might be a breakthrough for people injecting topical treatments. It might make it easier for doctors to apply injected hair loss treatments in their offices. We shall see.

Perhaps, I just don’t see them being able to raise capital again. They are in a terrible financial position.

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
For those not familiar with Aderans in early 2000s, they also launched their own dermal injector and made a big deal about it.

At the end of the day, when Phase 2 trials ended, they shelved the injector and it was the end of that. I wouldn't put too much weight on Replicel's injector news as some sign that we are close to market release.

Shiseido holds all the cards now.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those not familiar with Aderans in early 2000s, they also launched their own dermal injector and made a big deal about it.

At the end of the day, when Phase 2 trials ended, they shelved the injector and it was the end of that. I wouldn't put too much weight on Replicel's injector news as some sign that we are close to market release.

Shiseido holds all the cards now.

what cards is it exactly that Shiseido holds? They only have "cards" for asian market, that have the conditional market release.

Replicel still have rest of the world for their products (they did license of to chinese market for another company) and they still have their own trails to do with the RCH-01.

So i still have some hope for Replicel, since they still keep to their own strategy and haven't changed to much (if anything) about it.

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
what cards is it exactly that Shiseido holds? They only have "cards" for asian market, that have the conditional market release.

Replicel still have rest of the world for their products (they did license of to chinese market for another company) and they still have their own trails to do with the RCH-01.

So i still have some hope for Replicel, since they still keep to their own strategy and haven't changed to much (if anything) about it.

I'm sorry if I came across as bashing Replicel. I think DSC cells definitely would be beneficial. Our current understanding is that DSC cells are the seeds for DP cells. I think with enough regular injections over a course of 2-3 years you may be able to make DP cells immune to DHT.

What Replicel lacks is funding. Hence the reason why they haven't been able to put RCH01 through any additional trials since 2012.

Pharmaceutical companies in the west are also taking a risk averse approach and don't want to go near a cell-based androgenetic alopecia treatment.

That's why I think the future of RCH01 is in the hands of Shiseido. If they shelve it, no one in the west will touch it.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry if I came across as bashing Replicel. I think DSC cells definitely would be beneficial. Our current understanding is that DSC cells are the seeds for DP cells. I think with enough regular injections over a course of 2-3 years you may be able to make DP cells immune to DHT.

What Replicel lacks is funding. Hence the reason why they haven't been able to put RCH01 through any additional trials since 2012.

Pharmaceutical companies in the west are also taking a risk averse approach and don't want to go near a cell-based androgenetic alopecia treatment.

That's why I think the future of RCH01 is in the hands of Shiseido. If they shelve it, no one in the west will touch it.

Replicels strategy have always been to have the injector released to the market before doing their own trials outside of Shiseidos market. I don't understand what it is you are referring to when writing no one in the west is willing to go near it.

Also the west have somewhat stronger patent legislation than some places in asia, that is why when someone is out first and can patent something in the west, it holds most others to make a similar development, unless they want to pay a fee for using a patent. It is something big companies do a lot in USA, make a lot of patents and hope that it hold other back, and if they use something close to their patent they get money for it.

And if Replicels injector is already sold (they put 50 in production already) then it shows they have a market for it and actually have a product that they can sell and have some revenue going from others than investors.

But sure, R&D is a money pit until you have something you can make money off. That is also why when something is released its going to have a premium cost.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
these are very positive news. I never expected that they would start the efficacy trial anytime. They will have a plan how to archieve a product for commercialization. Out of the animal studies we know that lower cell concentration are the best for more hair growth.

if they lower the dosage and scale up the amount of injections they will possibly archieve much better results.

If the results out of the first trial werent encouraging for shiseido they wouldnt start this trial. So i am cautiously optimistic

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Indeed, hope this also stops the rumor that RCH was a complete failure in the eyes of Shiseido and that they don't want to commercialize it like some here said some time ago @pegasus2

It didn't work, so now they're testing it with more injections. I hope it works, but I'm not optimistic.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It will take more than a year before we get answers from this study, and its a small sample study. We could have hoped for a bigger sample.

And all we can extract from the initial trail is that its MINIMUM 12 months, for one subject, and they aim for 36 subjects, and its not uncommon they start in different time. And then we have the interpretation of data, so maybe 18 - 24 months if not even more.

So its good they are moving forward, but the pace is the same as before. We can hope they also will use the injector for this study, now that the injector is in production.

But the waiting game is still on.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they won't use the injector. replicel announced. If it stops hair loss it would be a revolution. However, every time they remove hair from the back of the head, wouldn't the hair become light at the back one day? After 5 years it would be over at the latest

when have replicel announced that they won't use the injector? only thing they have announce is the start of the new study