Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes they look at the thickness or density of where they will take the donor hair. If he did a fue procedure on me those areas would look thin so he wouldn't do it. I still have plenty of hair but wanted to fix the hairline. I spent years researching it and picked my Dr. but i was not a candidate...oh well.

Well of course it will look thin. Honestly, I'd rather have my front+crown nice and thick. Who cares about the back. You could just smp it right, and then keep it short- I am actually curious to see how an smp looks on scarred fue areas. Anyone got any pics?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This company is frustrating to no end. I feel like in combination with currently available treatments this would all but cure me if only they would take my money. Instead it may not come out for years.

It's sickening to think the main reason a cell therapy hasn't been released is because they believe shareholders are expecting significant regrowth. They don't understand the power a side-free maintenance option that doesn't require daily application really has in this market.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
At this point, I see no reason to believe this hasn't been shelved due to petty squabbling among and within the two companies. Really gay.

It sucks, but for me anyway, I don't need too much and Follica will be a superior option to a transplant. So I'll just get that done and call it a a day.

but I was really looking forward to not taking pills anymore.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That way my plan to do fue in a few years which was a few years ago. I went to Dr. ******** and he said i wasn't a candidate for fue because of thickness of my donar hair. So my point is that you can plan for this stuff but you may not be able to go with plan A.

Why can the thickness of the donor hair be a Problem?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What a fcking joke. Best future treatment imo and no word.

And it's hard to believe this is shelved, after all Shiseido did to facilitate this.

Reminder: In May 2014 Shiseido opened a huge biotechnology facility in Japan to accelerate the launch of Replicel’s hair technology RCH-01.

They built a biotech facility but as far as I recall, built or purchased no equipment to fill it with that would pertain to RCH-01. The facility also only cost a few million and with Shiseido being one of the largest cosmetic companies in the world, they've long since made the money they invested on that facility back.

A facility they can use for basically whatever they want.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
zzZ

A facility they can use for basically whatever they want.

Agree on this: it's too easy to see stars aligning when in fact, it could be for anything else stem cell-related (which I am sure, a lot of their cosmetics are/will be).

2019 seemed thrilling and exciting.
2020 is the carrier of bad news. Hope is gone.

I now tend to believe these treatments are a very, very long shot. In the meantime, we will see treatments like FOL 004, SM04554, CB 03 01 see the light of the day. We must go along with it... :(

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shiseido updated their website last week. They delete some research entrys of the old version but the "Hair regeneration" entry resists.
In addition to that it is very exciting that they wrote a new entry which wasn't in the old website version:

New research areas

In recent years, technology has evolved remarkably, particularly in the development of digital technology and various devices that are greatly changing our lives. We apply these technological trends using our strengths to offer personalization and e-commerce counseling which allow customers to choose the skincare and makeup items that suit them without going to a store.
We also pursue hair regenerative medicine and create new beauty solutions that support skin health and beauty from the inside through food.

https://corp.shiseido.com/en/rd/development/

---
In the end of March 2020 they will have their General Shareholder Meeting. They have to tell their investors how they will move on with hair regeneration project because the VISION2020 is over now.

They didnt give up RCH-01 otherwise they would have delete the research entrys about hair regeneration.
You might not take me serious but I am convinced they are preparing for something this year. Just my thought on this

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shiseido has been collaborating with two University Hospitals on a clinical study on the establishment of “hair regenerative medicine technology” in Japan. This technology is the world’s leading hair regeneration/patented technology. After culturing the dermal sheath cup cells (which are considered to be the source of hair dermal papilla cells that play an important role in the growth of hair) isolated from the patient concerned about pattern baldness and thinning hair, they are implanted (injected) into the balding scalp skin to rejuvenate the damaged hair follicles as well as promote the growth of healthy hair. Regenerative medicine refers to the treatment method, in which tissues/cells of human origin are implanted into the patients who cannot be treated by existing treatment methods, and curing by self-renewing capability is expected. There are two types of implantations: “autologous cell implantation” in which the cells of the relevant patient are utilized and “allogeneic cell implantation” in which the cells of other people are utilized. The technology Shiseido is working on is the autologous cell implantation technology, which is considered to have fewer side effects of immune rejection, etc. and higher safety level than allogeneic cell implantation. With regard to the pattern baldness and thinning hair, presently hair growth/regrowth agent for external application and oral treatment agent with androgen suppression effect are put into practice. However, there are some issues including the facts that limited topical dosage exists for females and oral treatment agents are not applicable to female patients. The introduction of this technology is expected to have less physical burden due to surgical procedures, reduce rejection reaction risks after cell implantation, and be applicable to all patients regardless of gender. Therefore, the concerned persons look forward to the technology being widely utilized as soon as possible.
Tokyo Medical University starts clinical study on the establishment of hair regenerative medicine technology

https://corp.shiseido.com/en/rd/development/newresearch.html

Good to see old news is still being surfaced.

Even replicel have had written about the collaboration

https://replicel.com/products/rch-01

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shiseido has been collaborating with two University Hospitals on a clinical study on the establishment of “hair regenerative medicine technology” in Japan. This technology is the world’s leading hair regeneration/patented technology. After culturing the dermal sheath cup cells (which are considered to be the source of hair dermal papilla cells that play an important role in the growth of hair) isolated from the patient concerned about pattern baldness and thinning hair, they are implanted (injected) into the balding scalp skin to rejuvenate the damaged hair follicles as well as promote the growth of healthy hair. Regenerative medicine refers to the treatment method, in which tissues/cells of human origin are implanted into the patients who cannot be treated by existing treatment methods, and curing by self-renewing capability is expected. There are two types of implantations: “autologous cell implantation” in which the cells of the relevant patient are utilized and “allogeneic cell implantation” in which the cells of other people are utilized. The technology Shiseido is working on is the autologous cell implantation technology, which is considered to have fewer side effects of immune rejection, etc. and higher safety level than allogeneic cell implantation. With regard to the pattern baldness and thinning hair, presently hair growth/regrowth agent for external application and oral treatment agent with androgen suppression effect are put into practice. However, there are some issues including the facts that limited topical dosage exists for females and oral treatment agents are not applicable to female patients. The introduction of this technology is expected to have less physical burden due to surgical procedures, reduce rejection reaction risks after cell implantation, and be applicable to all patients regardless of gender. Therefore, the concerned persons look forward to the technology being widely utilized as soon as possible.
Tokyo Medical University starts clinical study on the establishment of hair regenerative medicine technology

In you click on the link at the bottom of the page, you are redirected to this file:
http://www.tokyo-med.ac.jp/160627hihupress.pdf

Would be great if someone could translate it

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I

I am wondering whether one can interpret the fact that this is still on their website as a sign that it is not fully abandoned?

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I

I am wondering whether one can interpret the fact that this is still on their website as a sign that it is not fully abandoned?
Im no business expert but im pretty sure every statement made prior to getting trial data becomes void if trial data is not good news, kinda like a exs love letters when shes off banging every dude in sight.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you have to get it done every 9 months? I guess that's why they haven't done anything yet.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In conclusion, this clinical study of autologous cell therapy using DSC cells to treat male and
female PHL has shown positive, although temporary, responses at the lowest cell concentration injected, and further studies are warranted to determine the best concentration of cells and treatment regimen.
In order to determine if this cell-based treatment provides a significant clinical change noticeable to
patients and practicing physicians, additional clinical studies injecting DSC cells in larger hair shedding
areas should be performed to demonstrate a visible effect by global photo-assessment.

The word is out.