Replicel Hair Loss Treatment Trial Is Set To Begin In Japan

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering lately if you first get follica treatment then go and get replicel could it greatly improve results?

I mean follica can produce 25 terminal hairs per cm^2 plus 75 vellus, hopefully replicel could immunize the terminal hairs and possibly force some vellus hairs to become immune terminal hairs. that would be a huge improvement for anyone

Was Follica attempting to release in 2017 I forget?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the placebo patients.

I feel sorry for all of them. None of the test subjects are getting full scalp injections. They'll have 3 spots with hair and the rest of their head will go bald.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So I guess replicel has changed their phase II trial plan, looks like it will involve a lot more participants

http://replicel.com/product-pipeline/rch-01-hair-regeneration/

Enrolling more people makes it seem like they really want to be able to offer this in 2018

I don't see any mention of Shiseido in the link. Maybe it's for a Phase II trial Replicel is running themselves outside of the Asian market that is already marketed to Shiseido?

Seems a little weird that there's no mention or Shiseido and/or that it wasn't announced by Shiseido.

Either way the more clinical information the better.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see any mention of Shiseido in the link. Maybe it's for a Phase II trial Replicel is running themselves outside of the Asian market that is already marketed to Shiseido?

Seems a little weird that there's no mention or Shiseido and/or that it wasn't announced by Shiseido.

Either way the more clinical information the better.

I agree the more clinical info the better, I was doubting a release during phase II was possible with only 60 participants.

How could it be a phase II trial outside of Asia? I thought they've only done 1 trial in Asia and nowhere else. but I could be wrong

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree the more clinical info the better, I was doubting a release during phase II was possible with only 60 participants.

How could it be a phase II trial outside of Asia? I thought they've only done 1 trial in Asia and nowhere else. but I could be wrong
I believe the Phase 1 trial was performed in Europe.

I forgot to add to my last post that while the link leads me to believe that this might be done outside of their arrangement with Shiseido the counter argument to that would be why would a small company move forward with their own Phase 2 trial that will be costly when they can sit back and wait for Shiseido to do it and let them take the financial risk.

@jc3303 do you know if this was recently posted to their website or maybe it's something outdated?

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought it was recently posted, I don't remember seeing it before. I could be wrong tho

Tomtom21

Established Member
Reaction score
That shits been on their site for forever.. Thats their intended Trial they plan to run in Germany since 2012 or some bull sh*t.. RCH's fate rests in Shiseidos hands. Dont count on replicel for anything else here on through. Pray for shiseido lol

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That shits been on their site for forever.. Thats their intended Trial they plan to run in Germany since 2012 or some bull sh*t.. RCH's fate rests in Shiseidos hands. Dont count on replicel for anything else here on through. Pray for shiseido lol

Exactly, Phase 1 was done in Germany by Replicel and that was an iffy Phase 1 albeit they were just testing for safety profile which it has seemingly passed with flying colours.

Now Shiseido is starting Phase 2 in Japan which can get fast tracked to market to meet the timeline they have talked about.

But to get the treatment in Europe, USA and Canada which won't probably happen until 2030 TBH, Repicell has to get approval from all of the governing bodies FDA etc. They are better off just getting the data from Shisedio and copy pasting the trails lmao haha. Save a lot of BS headache and costs. They will not get to market any sooner by rushing it as anyone who follows medical stocks will know.

Thank God for Japan.

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They have ongoing trials for their two other products in Europe. It would be awesome if they succeeded in those as well now. The data readout for those trials should be later this year (?).

On a sidenote, anyone else notice how much more active they have become on Twitter again? I think this is also good for the company.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok I'm glad I'm wrong and that's outdated info.

So I was watching tv and they had a commercial on CNN about investing in Japan and it featured replicel through the whole commercial and specifically HSC-01. They gotta be confident to put it on tv

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score

So I was watching tv and they had a commercial on CNN about investing in Japan and it featured replicel through the whole commercial and specifically HSC-01. They gotta be confident to put it on tv

I just hope that by the end of 2018, the HSC-01 is out :)

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

this is the commercial I saw, I don't know if it's old or not. But still crazy to see it on tv

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think you mean RCH. HSC is Histogen's hair stimulating complex.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Replicel's facebook page is really active these days. Anyways, it says that phase 2 is in 2016 :), hopefully we can have results and brotzu's lotion out in 2017 :)

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel's facebook page is really active these days. Anyways, it says that phase 2 is in 2016 :), hopefully we can have results and brotzu's lotion out in 2017 :)

I'm hoping Brotzu can be available by the end of the year!

I'm thinking we're not gonna hear much more from replicel until next fall or winter, I can't wait to hear their results!