Replace Finasteride With Ru58841 Or S5 Cream?

bruno96

My Regimen
Reaction score
good morning i have been experiencing great side effects with finasteride i can no longer have age for more than 2 weeks and i am only 23 years old. I would like to know if ru58841 or s5 cream are good substitutes for finasteride?

jazz1

Reaction score
Hey you considered topical finesteride that’s what I use, initially I had side effects as well when I took oral propecia.

The S5 cream is no longer available I used to buy this as well but you can get an alternative.

Check my threads I live in the UK, I get mine from Murray Avenue Apothecary in America.

S5 cream

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/s5-spironolactone-cream-alternative-found.119195/

Topical Finesteride mixture

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/

Anagen Inc sells RU58841 I have tried this with KB solution at 5% did give me sides but does work. RU58841 should be the last option when Finesteride or Dutasteride stops working.

baldcel503

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey you considered topical finesteride that’s what I use, initially I had side effects as well when I took oral propecia.

The S5 cream is no longer available I used to buy this as well but you can get an alternative.

Check my threads I live in the UK, I get mine from Murray Avenue Apothecary in America.

S5 cream

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/s5-spironolactone-cream-alternative-found.119195/

Topical Finesteride mixture

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/

Anagen Inc sells RU58841 I have tried this with KB solution at 5% did give me sides but does work. RU58841 should be the last option when Finesteride or Dutasteride stops working.
what sides you get from RU?

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Certainly don’t drop finasteride to replace with S5 cream! In my experience it doesn’t work at all...it’s the lasercomb of meds. Total scam. If you drop finasteride you’ll just lose everything you’ve maintained. Why not reduce your dose of finasteride to 0.5mg per day and see what happens. Be aware that psychological side effects are real. I thought I had heart palpitations on minoxidil and chest tightness on RU. With a bit of experimentation I realised it was all in my mind. Watch ‘The Hairloss Show’ YouTube channel discussion on what to do when experiencing finasteride side effects, there’s probably a work around so you can keep using finasteride. Honestly you’ll want to find a way to keep taking finasteride because without it (or dutasteride) you’ll lose your hair. RU is okay but no substitute for oral finasteride and as Jazz 1 says really it’s reserved for when even dutasteride won’t hold your hair alone. It’s a research chemical with no proper studies so it’s a last resort option

jazz1

Reaction score
what sides you get from RU?

I tried the 5% with KB solution had complete libido loss, this regained back after 2 days. The stuff works but you need to find the correct dosage, plus people recommend using Finesteride-Dutasteride and than RU58841 as last option.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Replacing means using a similarly effective treatment, which is not the case between finasteride and ru. Oral > topical

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're not able to take oral finasteride due to sides, you are fighting an uphill battle unfortunately, as your alternative options are limited and are a lot less effective than oral finasteride. You could look into using topical finasteride and see if that gives you some results with lesser side-effects than what you got from oral finasteride. And I recommend using RU58841 alongside it. Maybe also look into using a low dose of oral minoxidil. A dose of 2.5mg a day would be a reasonably safe low dose. And forget about S5 cream. That stuff doesn't work.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try taking 0.5mg Finasteride as Hair-pun has kindly suggested or alternatively you could try 1mg Mon-Wed-Fri.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try taking 0.5mg Finasteride as Hair-pun has kindly suggested or alternatively you could try 1mg Mon-Wed-Fri.
I doubt that would help much to reduce sides, because finasteride removes virtually the same amount of DHT at all doses of around 0.2mg upwards. And if he were to keep reducing his dose until he reached a dose that was low enough to get rid of his sides, chances are that he wouldn't be inhibiting enough DHT at such a low dose to be able to help much with his hair loss. I think that topical finasteride plus RU would be his best option.

jazz1

Reaction score
What about trying Finesteride at a lower dosage like 0.05% or 0.025%. When I first had sides I used Finesteride every third day at a topical dosage at that time from Genhair at 0.025% that worked great, plus I added horny goat weed to compensate any libido issues and it worked.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about trying Finesteride at a lower dosage like 0.05% or 0.025%. When I first had sides I used Finesteride every third day at a topical dosage at that time from Genhair at 0.025% that worked great, plus I added horny goat weed to compensate any libido issues and it worked.
What dose of Horny goats weed do you take?

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt that would help much to reduce sides, because finasteride removes virtually the same amount of DHT at all doses of around 0.2mg upwards. And if he were to keep reducing his dose until he reached a dose that was low enough to get rid of his sides, chances are that he wouldn't be inhibiting enough DHT at such a low dose to be able to help much with his hair loss. I think that topical finasteride plus RU would be his best option.
Possibly but he could potentially try the Hairlosstalk Show method of MWF it may work, I think he has to find the right balance of the benefits and sides, bit of trial and error