Repair A 1 Inch Cut On The Poly Perimeter - What Products To Use For Repair?

HairSensei

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I just had a cut-in done a week ago on a new unit. It has a poly perimeter with the front being french lace and the center inside of the poly being mono.

There is a one inch cut from a pair of scissors where my stylist made a mistake when cutting my unit to fit. Currently, I'm using a piece the "red lace" tape to keep it secure until I can find a permanent solutions to mend the incision.

So my question is, what tape and poly repair glue should I use. Any brand names or product links would be greatly appreciated, along with any other tips. Thanks!

(I'll get a photo uploaded when I'm ready to re-tape my system)

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I just had a cut-in done a week ago on a new unit. It has a poly perimeter with the front being french lace and the center inside of the poly being mono.

There is a one inch cut from a pair of scissors where my stylist made a mistake when cutting my unit to fit. Currently, I'm using a piece the "red lace" tape to keep it secure until I can find a permanent solutions to mend the incision.

So my question is, what tape and poly repair glue should I use. Any brand names or product links would be greatly appreciated, along with any other tips. Thanks!

(I'll get a photo uploaded when I'm ready to re-tape my system)
I've done this on many occasion. Just use regular hair system tape such as Ultra ultra hold or supertape. After applying to the base, peel off the other side and coat it with scalp protector or clear nail polish so that it's not tacky.

HairSensei

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really like your suggestion TooBad. Thank you. I'm going to do what you said with the tape and the clear nail polish until I can figure out how I'm going to do a liquid poly/poly-tape solution.

Liquid polyurethane seems to be half the solution, along with 3M transpore clear plastic tape.Most of the liquid poly seems to be sold in industrial sized quantities but a few online stores that cater to hair systems have it for sale in small containers.

So, now I'm trying to find some generic liquid poly that I can purchase that will do the same thing rather than pay for liquid poly that's overpriced just because it has a specialized purpose.

I still have more research to do as I want this solution to be permanent as my unit is practically brand new.