Regrowth?

lossy

Reaction score
Hi

New poster to the forum. Just wanted to see if I could get some input on my hairloss. I am 23 years old male, and I work in an incredibly stressful job. Hairloss doesnt really run in my family. In September of 2004 I noticed the hair on my temple directly horizontal to the top of my ear had receded. This was about 8 months or so after starting this job. I was worried at first, but then thought I shouldnt worry because I hadnt seen any hair come out. Then for next 6 months I started shedding massively from all over my head. I started out having really thick hair, so this shedding wasnt really visible at first. Then after a while my hairline started receding a little and my temples moved back. I could also see thinning all over my head.

Well now its June 2005, and my hair loss has slowed down dramatically for the past two months, but my scalp tends to be more visible on a lot of my head, but mostly on my hairline. On a whole, the hair loss hasn't really been that bad, if you hadnt seen me in a year, you probably would never notice. But since I scrutinize it like crazy, it's clearly visible to me.

Now, the hair that's horizontal to my ear that first fell out, seems to be growing back well. And I can also see small brown hairs sprouting up in the hairline areas that went bald during the shed.

So my questions...

Does this seem like Telogen Effluvium?

Do you think I will get regrowth?

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Thanks for your help!