Regrowth with Oral spironolactone and maintenance with finasteride???

G

Hey all,

I have a question concerning Oral spironolactone. I have seen Socks´s hair and his looks really good. He even had some significant temple regrowth. But the problem with oral spironolactone are definetly the sides. I have seen pics of his chest at HLH and whatever he claims to me it looks as if he has grown breasts.....

So my question is: Is it possible to regrow hair with oral spironolactone and maintain these hairs with finasteride after stopping OS? Thank you in advance.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
no, but it's possible to grow breasts from oral spironolactone and keep it with finasteride :lol:
seriously I would also want to know the answer to this question

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont have scientific data to back up my claims but i think the answer is no. My logic tells me that if you cant regrow from finasteride and need such a potent anti-androgen as oral spironolactone, then when you switch back to finasteride the extra dht will be enough to kill the regrown hair. Plus oral spironolactone doesnt sound really good idea. It has not be tested for hair loss. I recall reading somewhere about an oral drug which is supposed to be the best DHT inhibitor and yet it was nearly as effective for hair loss as finasteride. I cant understand why and i think not even the doctors can. Just dont mess with your hormones a lot.

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
Tauge, I've seen your pictures, and your hairloss isn't that bad yet. Oral Spirolactone would be a huge overreaction. You could definitely try topical, though. I'd like to see some study results on it.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would stick with your regimen for at least a year. finasteride works wonderful but it needs time to prove itself.

It worked for me

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
Geez, Tauge, add some Rogaine foam before you go off popping oral Spirolactone. It's the most powerful anti-androgen known. It WILL grow breasts and shrivel your penis. Competely infeasible for a male. There are those who do take it, but I don't know why. I'd try some dutasteride before I'd jump to spironolactone if I were you.

BrainFog

Reaction score
im on oral spironolactone . dick still same. breasts still same . i work my *** out thou .

G

At the moment I am not planning to add OS yet. I will try to regrow my hair with finasteride and soon minoxidil foam. But I wanted to know whether a temporary use of OS might be an option. I think I would rather go for a hair transplant instead of OS for a long time.

BrainFog

Reaction score
i hate minoxidil . bad for skin , gave me weird wrinkles , puffy eyes and face , dark circles , facial hair , increased body hair . hate it . it took a year and a half for all these to go away

G

BrainFog said:
i hate minoxidil . bad for skin , gave me weird wrinkles , puffy eyes and face , dark circles , facial hair , increased body hair . hate it . it took a year and a half for all these to go away

Did you try the foam already? It is tolerated much better by most people.

BrainFog

Reaction score
havent used the foam . dont intend to . i didnt like the way my face looked when on minoxidil . it was like i was 15 pounds heavier ..

saucemcbrolock

Established Member
Reaction score
brain fog, the same sh*t happened to me with the wrinkles. I was using a huge amount of minoxidil and i got these wrinkles across my head that tooke 6 months to go away about 70 percent. I still have wrinkles above my eye brows and im only 25 and im 100% sure its from the minoxidil.

BrainFog

Reaction score
Hey saucembrolock you can always try using Retin-a to reduce the wrinkling . Are you using finasteride?

saucemcbrolock

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the minoxidil with rentin a actually made it worse. the wrinkles seem to be going away with time but I think it was cause by extreme blood flow to my forhead.