Regrowth options for receded and thinning hairline

regrowingHairs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all, I've just joined.

I've started up finasteride 1mg 3x a week a month or so ago now, but I've heard there probably won't be much regrowth.
My main reason for jumping on it is that my hairline has receded and thinned a bit and I want it to go back to the way it was when I was younger. I'm 29 now, I had really great thick hair back in the day.

I'm hesitant to start minoxidil because it sounds like i'll be trapped in to using that forever, and theres a big shed at the start.
What else is recommended for regrowing? I've already started scalp massages and will probably buy some nizoral shampoo.

Thank you.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Inhibit conversion to DHT (done), compete with androgens at receptor site topically =RU or CB, growth agonist =micro-needling.
It is highly unlikely you will ever be able to stop any treatment without returning to hair loss. But you may lose quicker your minoxidil gains. Staying off this site and good sleep is also good for your hair and mental well-being.

regrowingHairs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Inhibit conversion to DHT (done), compete with androgens at receptor site topically =RU or CB, growth agonist =micro-needling.
It is highly unlikely you will ever be able to stop any treatment without returning to hair loss. But you may lose quicker your minoxidil gains. Staying off this site and good sleep is also good for your hair and mental well-being.
what is RU or CB? Does nizoral shampoo also compete with androgens at receptor site topically?

I said f*** it last night and started also minoxidil. Lol.

regrowingHairs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jeez I don't think I can / will continue minoxidil. I can't sleep properly with it - it hypes me up too much at night and i really don't like the throbbing effect under my eyes when I lay down

@tropher for micro needling - i've bought a dermaroller and used it a few times, but ive heard they're not as a good as microneedling. I've seen a $300 microneedling machine that looks great but are there any other more affordable options?

I guess now that i'm ditching minoxidil ill need something else for growth

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jeez I don't think I can / will continue minoxidil. I can't sleep properly with it - it hypes me up too much at night and i really don't like the throbbing effect under my eyes when I lay down

@tropher for micro needling - i've bought a dermaroller and used it a few times, but ive heard they're not as a good as microneedling. I've seen a $300 microneedling machine that looks great but are there any other more affordable options?

I guess now that i'm ditching minoxidil ill need something else for growth
I've only ever used the derminator. But any pen would be better than a roller. Preferably one you can plug into the wall so the batteries don't get weak. If you can recover with out minoxidil all the better bud.