regrowth on slick bald

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
first off, what constitutes slick bald? I ma very diffuse around the crown and on top, but there is hair still generally everywhere (and starting to grow in thanks to my regimen :)) but there are maybe two small patches where is seems slick to the touch, but these slick patches are maybe 1 inch long by one half inch wide, with hair growing all around these 2 small slicks.

It's not like a have a big glowing softball sized bald spot like, just generally alot of diffusion. Are these 2 slicks of much concern? When they talk about how dead the hair is on slick baldness, are they talking more Patrick Stewart and Tele Savalas slickness?

Do I still have much less chance with regrowth on these spots? Is my situation even considered 'slick bald?' The good news is that sh*t is starting to happen around the crown and on the temples after 2 and a half months. Im optimistic. This stuff really does work!!

robm0761

Reaction score
wangho75 said:
The good news is that sh*t is starting to happen around the crown and on the temples after 2 and a half months. Im optimistic. This stuff really does work!!

wangho75:

Congrats! That IS good news! :!: What regimen are you following?

Thanks!

Rob

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wangho, only pictures can say.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
robm0761 said:
wangho75 said:
The good news is that sh*t is starting to happen around the crown and on the temples after 2 and a half months. Im optimistic. This stuff really does work!!

wangho75:

Thanks!

Rob

I use finasteride, nizoral 2%, flax, grape seed extract, multivitamins, decent diet and plenty of cardio and weight-lifting. I fell that with this program, there is less testosterone to turn to DHT in the first place because of intense exercise burning alot of it off. The remaining finasteride and flax do their thing against the weakened DHT. My form of attack against that evil, evil DHT makes sense to me.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
wangho75 said:
I use finasteride, nizoral 2%, flax, grape seed extract, multivitamins, decent diet and plenty of cardio and weight-lifting. I fell that with this program, there is less testosterone to turn to DHT in the first place because of intense exercise burning alot of it off. The remaining finasteride and flax do their thing against the weakened DHT. My form of attack against that evil, evil DHT makes sense to me.

?
I thought lifting weights increases T slightly. What are the pathways for T consumption?

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wangho75 said:
robm0761 said:
wangho75 said:

wangho75:

Thanks!

Rob

I've heard that a lot of cardio can actually lower testosterone. Weight lifting will free up more testosterone, making it more succeptable to turning to DHT. Don't know how long the "freeing up" of testosterone lasts though. :)

Goingat20

Reaction score
But wouldnt everyone rather have a good body then being bald... I dont think i would stop lifting weights because of my hair...

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
But wouldnt everyone rather have a good body then being bald... I dont think i would stop lifting weights because of my hair...

nah, good body and frame of mind is more important. With a good frame of mind achieved through fitness, it is more likley to promote hair growth and maintenance. You cant go backwards and get a good body from having hair.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
I'm not trying to say, lifting weights will make your hair fallout, unless you use roids of course. I was just making a statement. By the way...........I bodybuild. :)

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
3 and half months in the regimen here and Im happy to report that new hair will indeed grow on small slick bald spots! Black hairs have filled in a bit (no longer slick to the touch) and a ton of 1/2 inch blonde vellus hair not only there, but all over the vertex. My vertex is kicking some ***

SE-freak

Reaction score
wangho75 said:
My vertex is kicking some ***

hahaha keep it up wanghoo- every time I hear you describe your vertex I think its me describing mine. Lets see how much regrowth you can get there...

DaPlaya

Reaction score
wangho75 said:
3 and half months in the regimen here and Im happy to report that new hair will indeed grow on small slick bald spots! Black hairs have filled in a bit (no longer slick to the touch) and a ton of 1/2 inch blonde vellus hair not only there, but all over the vertex. My vertex is kicking some ***

wang,... you said much about how wonderful your regrowth is going, that makes me eager to see some pictures of your progress. I bet i am, like everyone on this board, just unpatient to see pics from you!! so when???????

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DaPlaya said:
wangho75 said:

wang,... you said much about how wonderful your regrowth is going, that makes me eager to see some pictures of your progress. I bet i am, like everyone on this board, just unpatient to see pics from you!! so when???????

I have pics on here showing my 2 and a half month update (it's coming back! thread). I had to pawn my digital camera last week, so no new pics for a while. There is a cosmetic difference back there, but not a huge change yet. When I hit six months, Ill have my camera back by then, and there should be enough change for you to see a big difference (fingers crossed)