regrowth on front poll

I've been using dutasteride for more than 9 months, and...

• I have not shed and I have had regrowth on the front!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have shed, without regrowth on the front

• I have shed, with regrowth on the front!

• nothing has changed on the front

• Total voters

thomas040

Established Member
Reaction score
please consider... my other poll vanished

Obviosly to put and end to the "frontal loss dutasteride" thing.
Fact or no fact, so please BE HONEST!!!! And ONLY answer if you fulfill the requirements.

:)

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
During round one, I used dutasteride for 9 months exactly - the front took a hit. However, I wasn't on an AA for the front so...

P.S. I didn't cast a vote b/c I don't know if I qualified?

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
I think my front ist getting better again! Did shedd arround months 7-9! But i am using also now Proctor Shampoo, perhaps it is this what makes my front better....who knows? But someone (gabriel) in the german messageboard has written that he did shedd also much, also in the front and after 12-15 month he had very much regrowth.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thomas good idea on the poll.

For those who respond, I think it would help if you indicate whether you've used an anti-androgen, and how often you apply it.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hmm..Are all the satisfied dutasteride users in the arms or one or more ladies instead of being online?

Not a lot of votes so far..

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would like to hear from a long-time dutasteride user (2 years or more) that has not used an AA to really see if the frontal thing that so many of us experience is a temporary (albeit long-lasting) shed.

I used dutasteride w/o an AA for nine months and the front started loosing it at about month 3. I rode it out to month 9 to give it a chance to recover but threw in the towel at month 9 (went back to finasteride temporarily). My thought was that "sheds" don't last 6 months, so I thought it was doing some damage to the front. Now that I'm back on dutasteride, I use spironolactone 2X/day for insurance. Actually been getting improvements at the front but want to cut the spironolactone back to once a day to make room for other stuff. Don't really know what the best thing to do is anymore...

thomas040

Established Member
Reaction score
renegade

.... then you wouldn't fulfill the requirements, as it says "more than 9 months".... and if you took dutasteride for exactly 9 months, that wouldn't be more...

it's a slow poll... but still interesting to follow

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Renegade said:
Yeah, I would like to hear from a long-time dutasteride user (2 years or more) that has not used an AA to really see if the frontal thing that so many of us experience is a temporary (albeit long-lasting) shed.
27 months, no AA, front as a whole is comparable to back in August '04. Difference is that the first half-inch in has thinned further (though at a slower rate than when on finasteride) whilst the area directly behind this strip of hair has improved - thickening of pre-existing hairs rather than new hairs sprouting.

So where does this put me in the poll? I've shed, had regrowth on one section of the front but not the other, and if I take the front as a whole nothing much has changed, aesthetically speaking. I think I need a poll to help me decide...

Slarti

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting. What has dutasteride done for your crown/vertex (sorry for being off-topic)? Any regrowth?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Renegade, twenty months on finasteride followed by sixteen taking dutasteride every other day (with liberal dosings of minoxidil from the start) had taken care of the worst of the thinning up there, but upping the dutasteride to a daily dose took it up another notch as the old, pre-male pattern baldness, coarseness returned to my hair - of course first I had to endure a pretty heavy, 2-month-long shed, but that's all part of the fun, right?

Slarti, certified 'bald-spot free' since March '06.

thomas040

Established Member
Reaction score
are there really THAT few?

I'm surprised that none more than eight has responded to the poll. I guess people that have used Dutasteride more than 9 months, don't frequent these forums anymore? Or aren't we just not that many users?

Of course I appreciate the honesty in the responses given, and still underline that these responses shouldn't be anything else, but honest.

But are there only 8 people on these forums, that have been using dutasteride for more than 9 months?

T

Timi

dutasteride

I have dutasteride Stopped (7Month)

My Hair is destroyed all my Hairs in the Front are away

I take my Old Regim 1,25mg finasteride and minoxidil Regaine 5%
and the New Rogaine Foam is ordered

My sexual drive was dead with dutasteride

I hope my Old Regim brings me my Hairs back

Oh Good

Timi