Regrowth at the temples

megamastakilla

Reaction score
I hope that there are some who can help me
I just started on finasteride yesterday. I was very inspired by this forum.
I found hope again!
I have read many of your threads!
But can not really figure out what works on the temples?! I am very confused?
I've looked at Kirkland generic minoxidil, but I reach is that it does not work on the temples?
I'm very frustrated, no one can tell me what works?
I take pictures and will update once I got started with the program.
right now I take the following:
Finasterid STADA 5 mg. broken into four pieces 1 / 4 daily
Nizoral shampoo 1% twice a week
H & S Hair Defense 1 time per day

pleace help

TEDDYRUXPIN

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride is great at maintaining what you have now and slows down the remaining male pattern baldness recession.

As for regrowth, if you are not allergic to the stuff, application of minoxidil should be your next step in trying to regrow what has receding. Some people report of shedding but I have yet to experience any of this.

From what I gather and from research journals etc, finasteride and minoxidil is mainly great at regrowing hair on the grown.

As for the temples, I have yet to find anything great which forces regrowth on the temples.

I am currently using spectral DNC-lotion for the temple region only. This bottles last for more than 6 months as I am only applying on the temple region.

I have seen minimal regrowth but very minor regrowth on the right hand temple. Nothing to shout about.

I will try and update my blog but you can see the current outcome.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Definitely use Minoxidil if you want regrowth in the temples... it's not going to give you a Jamie Foxx hairline, but if you are still relatively young (under 30) it will make a noticeable difference.

I was almost a NW3 when I began and after 11 weeks I'm nearly a NW2 again. For me that's a fantastic improvement. I'm 24 now, but my hair already looks better than it did when I was 22, so thus far I'm very happy!

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on the big 3 for 4 months now, I've had some temple regrowth on my right side. My left is pretty much a Norwood 1.5 and my right temple is almost an NW2. I can see some lighter hair growing on my right temple, hopefully it will get darker and stronger.

megamastakilla

Reaction score
reckless said:
I've been on the big 3 for 4 months now, I've had some temple regrowth on my right side. My left is pretty much a Norwood 1.5 and my right temple is almost an NW2. I can see some lighter hair growing on my right temple, hopefully it will get darker and stronger.

Sounds good. Did you have "baby hair" on your temples when you started with minoxidil on your temples?

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I think on my right temple I did have some baby hair before I started, I don't think it was slick bald, so the minoxidil must making this turn stronger.

I hope I see something good in the next two months.

Take2

Reaction score
Good to hear, this I am 1.5 on my right and 2.5 on my left side. Finally started minoxidil if been on finasteride then dutas for about 3 years. i am slo using tricommin.

Take2

Reaction score
Okay, another question, lol. After reading around here some more spectral-dnc seems to be a good but expensive choice.

I started rogaine now but since it might not have the desired results on the side, could I use spectral-dnc on the sides and rogaine on the front?

Also would adding spironolactone be overkill if im already on nizoral 2% and dutas?

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the slightest bit of temple recession; my problem area is my crown.

I've been using finasteride for about 2 years and my temple has a lot of fuzzy hairs that have been getting longer. My crown doesn't seem to have improved though; but looks like finasteride does work for temples, at least for me.