Regrowing It All Back And Keeping It For More Than 5 Years!

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now it's more than 5 years with full regrow! I think it's about time to make a new thread.

Hair loss is not something one should accept. Suffering hair loss and losing confidence is a tragedy.

I remember when I first started to lose hair. There were two types of responses jokes and making fun of my hair loss and those who said that I should just accept it.

But how can one accept it when whole society is build on a image about masculine men with hair??

Hair represent vitality, sharpness and action taker. So accepting it was never a option. I made a decision at that time that I would solve my hair loss no matter what. There were no other option.

I have been living in both sides… Balding and having NW4 on one side and getting it all back again on other side.

With full head of hair picking up chicks is so easy. Not worrying about hair loss is fantastic state to be in.

My advice to others is keep fighting it and never surrender. I add two pictures I just take from my backpacker trip around Laos.

Early hair loss pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fOXFxq7GHE9D-VaP6sZZK1ESh462z2_o
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...inasteride-results-7-mo-treatment-pics.44087/

Alex

Attachments

• 20181103_154558.jpg
    20181103_154558.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 4,977
  • 20181103_154754.jpg
    20181103_154754.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 4,665
  • SANY0142.JPG
    SANY0142.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 4,796
  • SANY0143.JPG
    SANY0143.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 4,555
  • SANY0144.JPG
    SANY0144.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 4,808
Last edited:

Baldman47

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been following your other thread from quite some time, been trying the exact "light" Dermarolling technique too, added to my regimen. But it seems it doesn't do much so far, but still early.

You have gone from NW4 to NW1, a unique and very lucky responder.

God speed Alex.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now it's more than 5 years with full regrow! I think it's about time to make a new thread.

Hair loss is not something one should accept. Suffering hair loss and losing confidence is a tragedy.

Hair loss affects our future and our opportunities. If I hadn't solved I would have been working dead end job, having mediocre relationship and f*** up life. Back in 2008 I would give everything to gain back my hair…

I remember when I first started to lose hair. There were two types of responses jokes and making fun of my hair loss and those who said that I should just accept it.

But how can one accept it when whole society is build on a image about masculine men with hair??

Hair represent vitality, sharpness and action taker. So accepting it was never a option. I made a decision at that time that I would solve my hair loss no matter what. There were no other option.

I have been living in both sides… Balding and having NW4 on one side and getting it all back again on other side.

With full head of hair picking up chicks is so easy. Not worrying about hair loss is fantastic state to be in.

My advice to others is keep fighting it and never surrender. I add two pictures I just take from my backpacker trip around Laos.

Early hair loss pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fOXFxq7GHE9D-VaP6sZZK1ESh462z2_o
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...inasteride-results-7-mo-treatment-pics.44087/

Alex

Nice, amazing results!!
Do you apply minoxidil all over your scalp (the areas that were bald)?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice.. inflammation must have a lot to do with it. Anything else other than the leaves?

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• Hairline 2008.png
    Hairline 2008.png
    925.5 KB · Views: 1,806
  • Hairline2018.png
    Hairline2018.png
    847.7 KB · Views: 1,827

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Alex, great work documenting your story for the rest of us. You are a true inspiration and I’m definitely considering starting dermarolling in the near future and perilla leaves for inflammation

Your hairline looks incredible. I was wondering how the rest of your scalp is doing. The mid scalp and vertex looked really thinned out from your old photos before you started treatment; have you noticed improvement there as well?

Would you mind taking photos from the top of your head with flash like your initial pre-treatment photos?. You made such an incredible transformation at the front of your hairline, I’m curious to see the change for the mid and back portions of your scalp too

And thanks again for your detailed story and willingness to share. People like you provide so much help to the rest of us and give us hope for improvement

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I appreciate OP's contribution to the community and wish him all the hair he shall righteously retain. But it seems a tiny bit irresponsible to make such a claim. After all, not everyone can "make a decision to be an insane responder to the big 3 and derma needling".That being said, thank you alex and keep your gain!

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So if I can't find perilla, or borage and I'm on fish oil what else can I do about inflammation?

Shubham23

Reaction score
I am really impressed with the progress you got. Congrats.

Can you please update me with your current regimen in detail that you use with finasteride and minixidil like Borage oil etc etc. I read through your thread but I cannot find a clear summary of your routine and program. This would be a great help to the new members in this forum.

Thanks

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow what big transformation. Was this from minoxidil and finasteride? Can you advise the timeframe over which you achieved the results. I see one photo is from 2008 and one from 2018, but when did you start your regime and when had it resulted in a restored hairline?

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that Somebody is just a fantastic responder to finasteride and minoxidil? Was the dermaroller really his magic bullet?

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible that Somebody is just a fantastic responder to finasteride and minoxidil? Was the dermaroller really his magic bullet?
Well, from his own words, he didn't respond very well to minoxidil without derma-rolling. I think he responded well to finasteride though.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow what big transformation. Was this from minoxidil and finasteride? Can you advise the timeframe over which you achieved the results. I see one photo is from 2008 and one from 2018, but when did you start your regime and when had it resulted in a restored hairline?
If you check the monster thread by Alex "somebody", you will see details of the regimen. It's in some of the replies to the thread.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Alex,

I know you've taken a break from the forum for a while. I'm following your technique since the summer. However, I got a cheap derma-roller and it was one of those that had the wheel but the pins didn't go to the centre if you know what I mean. The result was that it wasn't very painful to use at 1.5mm.

I recently bought both a 1.5mm and a 2.0mm which are better quality with the deeper pins. The difference is huge in terms of pain. I can barely do the rolling now and it's very easy to break the skin. I have to go very lightly. I'm hoping I will see more results now with this better derma-roller. Even just using the old one and minoxidil I have seen a lot of new hairs at the hairline but also it's got very thin. My hair looks okayish some days but under strong lighting it's very thin and if I brush it the wrong way it's very thin in places. Did you have this kind of experience? I presume this is as the new hairs push out the old and is the dreaded shed?

Fekief

My Regimen
Reaction score
How can I see the difference between a dermaroller with the right pins and the others?

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this post is BS. I looked at the other thread. It looks like the OP posts videos about amazing hair regains with links to e books for sale to make money and then vanishes and never answers any questions properly. The OP looks to be here to make money not help other people. Looks like a scam. Why are there no proper details about when you started what exactly you did and when you saw progress.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Nah, somebody is legit. He sold a e-book, like a few months ago after posting forever. BS. His results are min, dermaneedling and finasteride. No BS.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can I see the difference between a dermaroller with the right pins and the others?
You need to check carefully that the pins go to the centre of the "wheel" on the derma-roller. I can give you an example based on my experience.

I ordered one a bit like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Profession...&qid=1542799961&sr=1-13&keywords=derma+roller

You can't see the pins from the side so you don't know if they go to the centre or if it's just a wheel with short pins on top (it probably is). These ones don't penetrate the same into the scalp. My 1.5mm wasn't very painful to use.

The better type is like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toexy-Need...&qid=1542800115&sr=1-63&keywords=derma+roller

You can see that the needles are deep. Neither of these are the ones I ordered but similar.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this post is BS. I looked at the other thread. It looks like the OP posts videos about amazing hair regains with links to e books for sale to make money and then vanishes and never answers any questions properly. The OP looks to be here to make money not help other people. Looks like a scam. Why are there no proper details about when you started what exactly you did and when you saw progress.
Alex seems to have removed the details of his regimen. He is legit though. You can see photos of him before treatment and his videos on youtube. He posted a lot on this forum and answered a lot of questions.