Regrowing Bio Hair After Extreme Undercut / Is My Nape Balding?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I shaved my head about a month ago and rocked an extreme undercut for it.

I personally like longer hair on sides and back.

I've noticed during this process that the hair at the end of my neckline/nape is sparse. Is this normal?

Attachments

• hairnape.JPG
    hairnape.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 222

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lots of men have weaker napes and it seems to be a progression in male pattern baldness. Personally I'm on finasteride and will be on min soon for this exact reason.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
ROFL. So I need to grow it out or clean it up. I have a medium density unit with a weak tape ahahaha :D Also the hair behind my ears isn't so great.

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I shaved my head about a month ago and rocked an extreme undercut for it.

I personally like longer hair on sides and back.

I've noticed during this process that the hair at the end of my neckline/nape is sparse. Is this normal?

The nape and temple points receding are big indicators of male pattern baldness. A good eye can spot a wearer partially based on these clues.

I personally use minoxidil and microneedling on my sides, nape, and temple points. I've been on the minoxidil for 18 months and it's definitely thickened things up, although I think after the first 12 months it's just maintenance from here on out. The microneedling I've only been doing for 3 weeks so far so I'll give an update after about 3 months.

I'd definitely suggest a regimen to help with these areas. It's somewhat depressing that we wear pieces and still have balding on areas that aren't generally considered "balding", but thems the breaks.

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much effort is it doing minoxidil on just those areas? I'm looking to do it once a day (I already micro needle) just under the horse shoe.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
The nape and temple points receding are big indicators of male pattern baldness. A good eye can spot a wearer partially based on these clues.

I personally use minoxidil and microneedling on my sides, nape, and temple points. I've been on the minoxidil for 18 months and it's definitely thickened things up, although I think after the first 12 months it's just maintenance from here on out. The microneedling I've only been doing for 3 weeks so far so I'll give an update after about 3 months.

I'd definitely suggest a regimen to help with these areas. It's somewhat depressing that we wear pieces and still have balding on areas that aren't generally considered "balding", but thems the breaks.
The Norwood scale that everyone looks at when they start researching hairloss is confusing. It's the best advertisement for hairpieces. Gives the impression that it's just this area, but it's actually not.

Finasteride at an early age before becoming NW2 is the only option basically to have all hair.

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much effort is it doing minoxidil on just those areas? I'm looking to do it once a day (I already micro needle) just under the horse shoe.

I do minoxidil only once a day, at night. I wash in the morning.

I've heard the half-life for minoxidil is 20 hours, so twice a day is a minor benefit. Not worth the inconvenience to me.

I spend two minutes each night applying it about 30 minutes before bed, to let it dry. I apply it with a special bottle with a long spray arm, screenshot attached.

Attachments

• 15829596338085077584887809884158.jpg
    15829596338085077584887809884158.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 125