Regimen overkill ??

Some_Guy

Reaction score
Need some advice, but first here's my story.

- Have had a slowly receding hairline for years
- I've been on 5% generic minoxidil for about 1.5 - 2 years (at about the
14 month mark I cut down to 1 dose daily)
- Started 1/4 proscar about 11 months ago
- Lasercomb 2x week for about 6 months
- Nizoral 2x weekly

After all this, the hairline is still receding - although it might have slowed down a bit but its really hard to tell. I've had no regrowth except for some small blond hair a step or two beyond peach fuzz. I'm a little concerned about the lasercomb. I tried it a few years ago for about 4 months but it seemed as if it might have made the problem worse. Now, after starting it again for 6 months, I've noticed some recession again and wonder if its possible the comb can make things worse.

Also, I'm thinking of adding revivogen to the mix to take care of any DHT not handled by proscar. Is it bad to have to many remedies? Can this do more damage than good?

Thx

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Might want to try 2.5mg of Finasteride (1/2 Proscar) every other day. The result will be the same amount of Finasteride taken when extrapolated over time yet will yield higher levels of DHT suppression.

I would also consider something like zix (B6 and zinc) with spironolactone mixed in for good measure.

If the latter doesnt work there are more potent anti-androgen topicals but be ready to pay a hefty price for them.

Good luck!

Biostudent

Reaction score
socks, what would be an example of a "potent anti-androgen topical" how effective is it, and how hefty is the price?

thanks

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some_Guy, you know as well as I or anyone here that whatever hairloss treatment that you choose or try is going to give you a shed or the possibility of one. So that the LC seemed to create more of a problem might suggest that it was working?