Regenepure or Nizoral or something else?

Bray

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was recommended Nizoral and Regenepure and am wondering what the differences are and which ones you all use. I am currently on Stop and Shop brand 5% menoxidil only and just got a prescription for proscar that I am going to cut up or mix with alcohol since it is cheaper that way. There is also some strange cream that they sell on this site that I was told to use (spironolactone or something). Does that work?

Is there a 'best' shampoo/conditioner regimen that you have found works? I have been experiencing hair-loss for about 7 years now (lost mostly in the temples), but have only recently begun to do anything about it.

Oh, also, where is a cheap place to get proscar or any of this other stuff that you guys trust?

Thank you all!

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to be switching to the Regenepure shampoos. I'm thinking about using the NT as my normal shampoo and the DR 2 or 3 times a week.

hairmaster

Reaction score
I have very thin hair and use Regenepure DR as my hair loss shampoo.
It's a great shampoo and thickens my hair nicely. It also has Ketoconazole to possibly grow some hair. I used Nizoral for years
But it dried out my hair and I read about sulfates and dropped it.
Regenepure does not have sulfates. Great alternative to Nizoral IMO.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shift said:
Revita is the better choice IMO.

Why do you say that?

I've used both Revita and Revivogen shampoo(which is similar to Regenepure). I believe Revivogen shampoo had the better effect in slowing down my hair loss, but I believe they are both great shampoos for hair loss. I would pick Revivogen shampoo/Regenepure over Revita though.

Bray

Reaction score
So, should I get the NT or DR? What is the real difference? Do I need both?

Also, I thought finasteride WAS the best DHT inhibitor. Is there some other DHT inhibitor that is better?

Thanks!

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
I am planning on using both shampoos. The NT is more of a daily shampoo while the DR has Ketoconazole and shouldn't be used everyday (maybe 2-3 times a week).

Check out their website. They explain them both.

Bray

Reaction score
It doesn't seem to say what percentage of ketoconazole it is. Is it 2% like the stuff I got from Nizoral in Britain?

I already got the Nizoral. Could I use that in conjunction with the NT daily and call it good?

Shift

Established Member
Reaction score
StevensDome said:
I have very thin hair and use Regenepure DR as my hair loss shampoo.
It's a great shampoo and thickens my hair nicely. It also has Ketoconazole to possibly grow some hair. I used Nizoral for years
But it dried out my hair and I read about sulfates and dropped it.
Regenepure does not have sulfates. Great alternative to Nizoral IMO.

Great advertisment IMO. May be I'm paranoid but similar posts and threads are appearing on several hair loss forums. Nizoral sulfates are mentioned everywhere. Strange, isn't it :thumbdown2:

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's not strange. SLS has been shown to have harmful effects to the protein structure of the hair. This is why you see shampoos like Regenepure, Revivogen, & even the shampoo you use (Revita) emphasize that they don't use SLS in their shampoos.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got my first bottle of Regenepure NT yesterday. I still have some of Dr. Lees shampoo left so I am going to wait until I finish that before I buy the Regenepure DR.

The NT is thin and runny but lathers up very nicely. That was surprising since it doesn't have sulfates. The smell is wonderful and fragrant. I left it on for a few minutes and then washed it out. I know I've only used it one time but I really like it so far.

Patrick54

Established Member
Reaction score
Bray said:

Also, I thought finasteride WAS the best DHT inhibitor. Is there some other DHT inhibitor that is better?

Thanks!

Dutasteride has been proven to work better than finasteride.

sunseter

Reaction score
Patrick54 said:
Bray said:

Thanks!

Dutasteride has been proven to work better than finasteride.
It more likely to have side effects too.