Regaine question i have been using it for over a year now.

theguru

Reaction score
i suppose i really should of took a before and after with this. But i have been using regaine max solution 5% for over a year now and i cannot see much difference in my hair if anything it is now worse than when i first started. Is advisable to stop?? i have i come so far down the line it isn't avisable to stop? what is the best way?? i can post pics if you like...it is main at the front...

please help as i'm about to run out of the solution...

Mr. P

Reaction score
Get on finasteride if you can. minoxidil helps regrowth, but not hair loss. It's possible you aren't seeing a difference because you're still losing hair as you normally would and minoxidil can't keep up with regrowth.

theguru

Reaction score
Ok thanks for your posts where would get finasteride in the uk? Is that its full name? Having trouble finding it

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the full name of the drug is finasteride, you will need a doctors prescription. it sounds like you need to do some more research on this site to learn about the drugs you are using/going to take to get a full understanding of how each works, potential side effects, when to expect results, etc. good luck

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are in the UK you can get finasteride from Boots. Search for boots hair retention.

theguru

Reaction score
@maelstrom are you sure? It comes up with a schwarzKopf tonic and shampoo is it the same stuff? As it has no mention of finasteride?